17th February 2023, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Should i prefer any other text books rather than NCERT books in class 11 and class 12? Why?

Kindly, explain me details should i prefer any other text books rather than NCERT books in class 11 and class 12? And why should I do that?

17th February 2023, 09:32 PM
NaubiShah

Default Re: Should i prefer any other text books rather than NCERT books in class 11 and class 12? Why?

Apart from NCERT books, there are several other textbooks available in the market which cover the same syllabus. However, it is recommended that students stick to NCERT books as they are reliable, accurate, and up-to-date. These books are designed by experts and are written in simple language, making them easy to understand. They cover the entire syllabus and are helpful in preparing for the board exams.

Here are some reasons why you should prefer NCERT books over other textbooks:
  • Accuracy and reliability: NCERT books are written by experts and are thoroughly researched. They contain accurate information and are reliable.
  • Covers the entire syllabus: NCERT books cover the entire syllabus prescribed by the CBSE. This ensures that you do not miss out on any important topics.
  • Easy to understand: The language used in NCERT books is simple and easy to understand. This makes it easier for students to grasp the concepts.
  • Board exam preparation: Since NCERT books are prescribed by the CBSE, they are extremely helpful in preparing for the board exams.
  • Inexpensive: NCERT books are relatively inexpensive compared to other textbooks available in the market. This makes them accessible to students from all backgrounds.

In summary, it is recommended that students use NCERT books as their primary textbook for classes 11 and 12.

~Regards
Naubahar Shah
BBA, M.Com, NET Qualified
18th February 2023, 03:34 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should i prefer any other text books rather than NCERT books in class 11 and class 12? Why?

There are many students, that take help of other reference books for preparation.
If a candidate feels that for them NCERT books are sufficient and they have understood the concept well , then they can only prepare from NCERT books.
But if you feel , you have time and you can go through other reference books also in case you have missed any topic or the explanation of such topic is not sufficient in one of tge book, then in such case you can covers such topic from other book.
Otherwise , NCERT books are quite sufficient and one must go through 10 years solved papers also to get the 8dea of questions being asked in exam.
18th February 2023, 03:48 PM
Antonio 2023

While NCERT books are recommended for classes 11 and 12, using additional textbooks can provide more comprehensive coverage, supplementary exercises, different perspectives, and better preparation for competitive exams. It's important to choose the right textbooks that are aligned with the syllabus and cover the concepts in a comprehensive manner. You can ask your teachers or academic mentors for recommendations.

Here are some additional textbooks that you may consider supplementing with NCERT books for classes 11 and 12:
• Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma (for Physics)
• Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov (for Physics)
• Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker (for Physics)
• Mathematics for Class 11 and 12 by R.D. Sharma (for Mathematics)
• Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight (for Mathematics)
• Elementary Differential Equations by Earl D. Rainville and Phillip E.
Bedient (for Mathematics)
• Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd (for Chemistry)
• Physical Chemistry by P. Bahadur (for Chemistry)
• Biology Textbook for Class 11 and 12 by Trueman (for Biology)
• Objective Biology by Dinesh (for Biology)
18th February 2023, 03:53 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No , you should not prefer any other textbook other than NCERT books in class 11 and 12 as it have sufficient for your exams but if you have issue with language of ncert you can buy reference book of concerned subject of some good author.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?