9th September 2020, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Should I repeat 12th to appear in JEE Advanced if I secured 55% in 12th ISC?

Hello everyone, I have passed my 12th from ISC Board with 55% marks. I want to appear for JEE Advanced. But I don't have enough percentage for JEE Advanced. So, should I repeat 12th or go to prepare for JEE Advanced. What should I do?

11th September 2020, 12:39 PM
My true support

Default Re: Should I repeat 12th to appear in JEE Advanced if I secured 55% in 12th ISC?

Yes, you have to repeat to appear in JEE Advanced of I secured 55% in 12th ISC as JEE mains requires minimum 75% of marks in class 12th and you have to make your performance best and score 75% or more in class 12th and you have to apply after completing getting 75% marks in class 12th.
11th September 2020, 06:58 PM
jeet2porwal

Default Re: Should I repeat 12th to appear in JEE Advanced if I secured 55% in 12th ISC?

No, There is no need to reappear in JEE examination if your percentage is low.

From this year onward , there is no such criteria applicable to have minimum 75% marks in HS to secure admission in IIT & NIT.
If you have low perstage in HS than you can also secure admission in reputed college with higher rank in JEE examination.
12th September 2020, 12:01 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° YES, definitely you can repeat 12th class to improve marks.

°°° Class 12th marks have no weightage in the preparation of JEE Main ranks. Student should know that the ranks will be determined based on the student's score in the entrance exam. However, for admission in IITs, NITs and CFTIs the score that candidates have secured in their class 12 board exam will be taken into account and the candidates should have passed their 12th exam with a minimum of 75% and 65% for reserved category students.
12th September 2020, 10:07 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 12th from ISC board with just 55% marks, you are not eligible to apply for JEE Advanced as the minimum marks required in aggregate in Class 12th for appearing in the same examination in case of CBSE board candidates is 75% in case of General category candidates and 65% in case of reserved category candidates.

Further, in case you have appeared in your Class 12th board examination in 2020,then you will be allowed to appear in the JEE Advanced even with 55% marks as for the current session the minimum marks criteria has been uplifted due to COVID 19 outbreak and therefore any Class 12th passed candidate having qualified JEE Main are eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced.

For complete details and FAQs regarding the JEE Advanced eligibility, you can refer to the link www.jeeadv.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?