13th July 2014, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Should I take admission in NIT-Rourkela if selected in 3rd round counselling for B.Tech(CE) having secured 10587 AIR in JEE Mains?

hello
i got AIR-10587 in JEE Mains i need to get admission into
btech i opted civil branch i got NIT-ROURKELA in third round councelling
should i join it or go for fourth round so
that i could get admitted into NIT-trichy
or NIT-surathkal???????

Related Questions:
  1. Can I take admission through counselling if secured 1474 rank in VITEEE instead of looking for good NIT if scored 238 marks in JEE Mains without Advance?
  2. Will I be able to get NIT Rourkela after scoring 110 in JEE mains
  3. Is there any chance to get seat in IT stream at NIT Jaipur, NIT Allahabad, NIT Suratkal or NIT Kurukshetra through 3rd round seat allotment of CCB? I have secured 11629 AIR in AIEEE
  4. Can I get selected in AIEEE after scoring 104 marks in JEE Mains?
  5. Can I get admission in NIT Warangal after securing 200 marks in JEE mains?
  6. Can I get into NIT college after scoring 75000 rank in JEE mains?
  7. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT Jamshedpur after scoring 23559 AIR in JEE mains?
  8. Can I apply for JEE Advance 3rd time if qualifying in JEE Main?
  9. Can I apply for JEE Advance 3rd time if qualifying in JEE Main?
  10. Best NIT colleges in ECE and MEC branches? I have scored 243 marks in JEE mains
  11. How much marks are to be scored in JEE mains to get NIT or DTU?
  12. How can i get admission in DTU, NSIR and NIT without giving JEE mains exam for B.Tech after securing 80% marks in 12th class from Delhi
  13. Is it possible to get into NITs with a rank of 110 in AIEEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Should I go for 3rd attempt in JEE Mains?
  15. When is the 2nd round of counseling of SRMEE for B.E course?
  16. Can I get any NIT in spot round after scoring AIR of 17325 and 53 marks?
  17. Can I get admission in any NIT college after scoring 59 marks in JEE mains
  18. Can I get admission in NIT if scoring 140 marks in JEE Advance, 170 marks in IITJEE Mains and 82.4% in 12th CBSE Board exam?
17th July 2014, 03:57 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I take admission in NIT-Rourkela if selected in 3rd round counselling for B.Tech(CE) having secured 10587 AIR in JEE Mains?

NIT, Rourkela is one of the reputed institutes of India and is also known for the wide variety of courses offered by the institute. You should get admission in NIT, Rourkela since you have got seat in the third counselling. This is because there is no guarantee that you will get NIT, Trichy or NIT, Surathkal in the fourth round of counselling as very less students leave after third counselling. Moreover, NIT Rourkela has good reputation and it is more or less same whether you do B.Tech from NIT, Rourkela or NIT, Trichy and Surathkal. The opportunities available are more or less same everywhere. You should join provided you are interested in Civil Engineering. Otherwise you need to change branch again in the second year of engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?