30th June 2014, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for JEE Advance 3rd time if qualifying in JEE Main?

Respected Sir

I have cleared my 12th and i am not selected for jee advance but i appear for jee mains again and i am selected for jee advance but not qualified for jee advance.Can i appear for jee advance again after qualifying jee mains?sir please reply soon.

Manav Mittal

6th October 2014, 11:04 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for JEE Advance 3rd time if qualifying in JEE Main?

No, you cannot appear for the JEE Advanced examination third time because the maximum number of attempts to appear for the JEE Advanced examination is two times. The candidates who have qualified the JEE Main examination are eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced examination and the candidates who have qualified 12th in the same year or before year of the JEE Advanced examination year are only eligible to appear for the examination. For example, the candidates who have qualified 12th standard in 2013 or 2014 are eligible for JEE Advanced 2014 examination and the candidates who have qualified 12th standard in 2012 or before are not eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced 2014 examination. Since, you have completed your maximum number of attempts to appear for the JEE Advanced examination, you are not eligible to appear for JEE Advanced examination third time even if you qualify in JEE Main examination.
28th April 2015, 04:29 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination .
CBSE conducts JEE mains and advance for admission in IIT and NIT colleges.

Number of attempts in JEE mains are limited to three while in JEE Advance ,number of attempts are limited to only two.

Any student can apply for JEE mains in two continuous year only after the year in which he/she appeared for 12th examination and for JEE Advance ,only at time of appearing in 12th and in the following year only.

So, you can apply for JEE Mains only for 3rd time to get admission in NIT colleges only on the basis of Mains rank.

If you are determined for B.Tech then you can prepare for third time unless you should move on for graduate degree from any recognized university in either PCM or BCA or B.Com.........
30th June 2016, 11:11 PM
Ronie0309

I am sorry but you cannot attempt JEE Advanced the 3rd time around as the maximum number of attempts you are allowed to give to this particular exam is only two(2).
There are a total of 3 number of attempts you can give for the JEE Mains exam but be aware that even if you pass this test and meet all other criteria's for your involvement into JEE Advanced you will not be able to give the JEE Advanced exam.
3rd August 2017, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

sir I passed my 12th in 2016 and in that I didn't qualify for mains so in this year I wrote mains and qualified in that and attempted advance first time but with low rank so once again I want to write advance then this will be my second advance attempt can I write???
2nd May 2018, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

MY OBC NCL RANK IN JEE MAINS IS 65405. I HAVE 55 MARKS, AND THE OBC NCL CUT OFF IS 45. BUT IN THE RANK LIST , IN THE OBC NCL CATEGORY, ONLY 65313 ARE QUALIFIED FOR JEE ADVANCE. PLEASE TELL ME THAT WHETHW
ER I M QUALIFIED OR NOT
13th June 2019, 01:57 AM
Deepanshu3010

The maximum no. of attempts allowed to appear for JEE advanced are two.

This means you can give JEE advanced a maximum of two times after passing your class 12th.

Third Attempt is not allowed for JEE advanced.
14th June 2019, 08:36 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

NTA will conduct JEE Main 2 times in a year from 2019 onwards, but the number of attempts will depend on your year of passing 12th! Read further to know the exact number of attempts.

Check the Number of attempts for JEE Main 2019 below:

If you have passed class 12th in 2017 and have taken/not taken the JEE Main that year, you can appear for JEE Main 2019 January and April session. This is your last attempt of the exam.

If you have passed class 12th in 2018 and have taken/not taken the JEE Main that year, you can appear for JEE Main 2019 January and April session as well as JEE Main 2020. This is your second last attempt of the exam.

If you are an appearing candidate (class 12th board exams) in 2019, you can take the JEE Main both session exams in 2019, 2020 and even 2021.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?