16th November 2019, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Steps to join BTech(CSE) in IIT for a 10th Goa Board student?

Hello Sir, I am from Goa and currently preparing for the Board exam of 10th standard with State Board. I am aspiring to become a Software Engineer. My aim is to get admission in IIT for studying BTech course. I came to know that I have to study CSE stream in BTech for becoming a Software Engineer. So, I want to know the steps through which I can achieve my aim.

27th November 2019, 06:27 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to join BTech(CSE) in IIT for a 10th Goa Board student?

To join IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) for pursuing B.Tech. (Bachelor of Technology) in Computer Science Engineering, you are required to qualify JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced with top ranks as computer science discipline is the discipline with high demands.

Further, for appearing in JEE Main and JEE Advanced for pursuing B.Tech. in Computer Science engineering from IIT, you are required to have completed your Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 75% marks in aggregate (or 65% marks in aggregate in case of SC/ST or PH category candidates) from a recognized board of education.

For more detailed information regarding JEE Main and JEE Advanced, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
27th November 2019, 10:29 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in IIT for B.Tech course, you have to appear and qualify in JEE examination.

It is conducted in two stages. The common eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination with PCM as main paper.

So, you need to study hard as per the syllabus to appear and qualify in the examination. There are maximum two attempts for the examination.
28th November 2019, 09:50 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

One you complete 12th standard, you will be eligible to give JEE Mains exam. Only Science students are considered eligible for entrance exam. JEE exam consist of two phases that are :- JEE MAINS & JEE ADVANCE.

If you qualify JEE Mains then only you will be allowed to give JEE Advance. Admission will be given on the basis of marks scored in entrance exam. Also you need to compete in counselling to get a seat in your desired IIT and your desired course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?