26th September 2015, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

Tips to select the good school for a brighter future?

My daughter is currently studying in Maharashtra State Board School 2nd Standard. We have seen the quality of education provided has deteriorated from last couple of years. Hence we have decided to change to CBSE or ICSE for a better future. Here in Thane we found out two schools who can admission to her i.e. EuroSchool Thane and New Horizon Airoli.My daughter is slow learner and very average in studies. Another concern is about Hindi. Both schools have started Hindi from Grade 1 while my daughter is unaware of Hindi as in State Board Hindi starts from Grade 3.

- EuroSchool is very far away for us (around 13 kms), takes 1 hour to travel. It is ICSE board, we have heard ICSE board becomes stressful because of vast syllabus from 6th grade onwards. Total time spent in school travel is 9 hours. The school starts in June.

- NHSS Airoli is CBSE. This school is good in many terms (travel time is 30 mins only) except that school starts from April first week. We have heard CBSE has a balanced syllabus.Total time spent in school travel is 7 hours.

There is very less time for my daughter to prepare for Hindi as her current State Board Exam are going on till mid April. Hence we are concerned whether this move will disturb her and put her under more stress. Will it be wise to continue in State Board itself and try for a switch next year when she knows basics of Hindi? Please advise.

27th September 2015, 03:40 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Tips to select the good school for a brighter future?

For brighter future of your child you should definitely move your child to CBSE board.
Yes CBSE board has balanced syllabus and it required in competitive exams .
More many competitive exams in India are conducted by CBSE only these days.
More Hindi is very important subject as you are a citizen of India. So, you should make your child to learn Hindi as soon as possible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?