15th November 2015, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

What are the chances of doing B.Ed. after passing BA with 48% marks through open school?

Dear sir,

My name is kalam fatima. I have done graduation from delhi university of school of open learning. And i am getting 48% marks in b.a. So please confirm my chances for doing B.Ed.?

15th November 2015, 07:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the chances of doing B.Ed. after passing BA with 48% marks through open school?

B.Ed stands for the Bachelor of Education. This course has become compulsory for candidates who want to become teacher in state government schools. For Bachelor of Education, the minimum percentage of marks required in bachelor's degree is 50 % for candidates of general and OBC category.

For candidate of SC/ST category, there is 5% relaxation in marks for B.Ed

Hence, you can not enroll for the B.Ed after passing bachelor of arts with 48% marks.
15th November 2015, 08:09 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the chances of doing B.Ed. after passing BA with 48% marks through open school?

No, you are not eligible to pursue the B.Ed course after the graduation degree. B.Ed stands for the Bachelor of Education.

The required eligibility to pursue the course from the recognised university is candidates must have passed the graduation from any recognised university with at least 50% score iin the graduation but there is relaxation on the aggregate for the reserved category candidates.

So, if you belong to the reserved category you are eligible to pursue the course.
15th November 2015, 08:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The minimum percentage of marks required in bachelor's degree to apply for the Bachelor of Education is 50% for candidates of general and OBC category. For SC/ST candidates there is 5% relaxation in marks.

Since you have scored 48% marks in bachelor's degree in arts from school of open learning, you are not eligible for the Bachelor of Education if you belong to general and OBC category but if you belong to SC/ST category then you are eligible for the Bachelor of Education.
15th November 2015, 09:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education and it is a one year professional degree course required by those who are interested to make their career in teaching field as the course is basically about the process and procedure to be followed for providing quality education.

Minimum qualifications required for pursuing the same degree course are as here under :-

* You must have completed your bachelor'r degree course with any discipline of your choice with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized university.

* You must have the nationality of India with your age not exceeding 30 years.

So having secured only 48% marks in your graduation degree course you are not eligible for pursuing the same course.
15th November 2015, 09:59 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Only private colleges will provides you admission. Sorry to say that but no one reputed or government college will provides you admission with these marks. So now you have two option first one is take admission in any private college or go for open admission again in B.Ed. As per my suggestion both option are damn worst. so it's better to take admission in any other course.
16th November 2015, 09:20 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, candidate is not eligible to do B.Ed after passing BA with 48% from open school. Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in graduation from any recognised university.
Candidate who have done graduation from open university are eligible but they must have secured at least more than 50% marks in graduation.
There is no age limit.
16th November 2015, 10:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir,

My name is kalam fatima. I have done graduation from delhi university of school of open learning. And i am getting 48% marks in b.a. So please confirm my chances for doing B.Ed.?
You have completed B.A with 48% marks so you have less chances to get admission in B.Ed course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation or post graduation degree with above 50% marks are eligible for B.Ed course.

Your age should be above 16 years.
17th November 2015, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue the M.A. after passing the B.A. graduation in general course from recognized University?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?