24th October 2016, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

What to study in 10+2, if my aim is to become an IAS officer?

I am in class 10th. My aim is to become an IAS officer. So, I am confused which stream to take. I am not much good in science but I can do maths well. So, for being an IAS, what stream should I choose although my half yearlies in class 10 have not gone much well but still I have dedication towards my aim. So, please help me.

24th October 2016, 06:12 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to study in 10+2, if my aim is to become an IAS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in class 10th. My aim is to become an IAS officer. So, I am confused which stream to take. I am not much good in science but I can do maths well. So, for being an IAS, what stream should I choose although my half yearlies in class 10 have not gone much well but still I have dedication towards my aim. So, please help me.

The aspirant can choose arts stream in 10+2 to become an IAS Officer in the future. After completion of 10+2, you can choose BA Political Science or BA Public Administration or BA History. So the best group in 10+2 will be arts group to study IAS in future. You can also join in any one of the IAS Coaching classes available in the leading cities. The arts stream is the best to option to choose in 10+2 and in graduation also. After completion of the degree, you can join the coaching for civil services examination.
24th October 2016, 06:33 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

As you have mentioned that you are not good in Science so can go for Commerce with Maths. To become IAS it is not mandatory to have a particular faculty. Mostly Arts students apply for this job. So for you it is important to concentrate on your study & understand each subject. To become IAS must complete graduation & need to clear preliminary & main exams. If you*clear, then*would face interview. So,concentrate on your study as of now.
24th October 2016, 07:52 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS Officer, candidates can opt any of the steam after the completion of class 10th and in Graduation also, there is no specified stream mentioned to be an IAS Officer.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University are eligible to opt for IAS entrance examination.
24th October 2016, 09:08 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

There is nothing to do with stream in appearing for the Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that the candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, if you are not interested in science you can pursue different stream such as Commerce, Arts and Humanities in your 10+2 and course of your choice in bachelor degree.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in. You need to give your best for the examination as according to the syllabus of the examination.
24th October 2016, 09:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

If your aim is to become an IAS officer then, you have to appear in IAS examination after completion of your Graduation course from a recognised university. You can opt for any stream whether it is Science/ Arts/ Commerce stream of your interest for pursuing 10+2. There is no need to pursue any particular course to become an IAS officer. So, I suggest you to opt any course of your interest for pursuing your higher studies and after completion of your graduation, you can apply for IAS examination.
24th October 2016, 10:05 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue or which subjects you study, you will be eligible for the CSE. However, the subjects from the Arts such as History, Geography, Economics, Polity etc. will help you better preparing for the GS portion which is the largest.
24th October 2016, 10:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For IAS officer exam, you need at least a degree qualification in any discipline from a recognised university. Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and interview.

So, you have to prepare according to UPSC syllabus. There is nothing much your school and college education can do for IAS exam. You need separate preparation according to syllabus and paper pattern.
24th October 2016, 11:25 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

You can choose any stream of your choice as candidates from all disciplines of bachelor's degree can apply for Civil Services examination.

Minimum age limit is 21 years. If you are not good at science then you can do bachelor's degree in mathematics. You can also select mathematics as your optional subject for Civil Services examination.

You will have to do hard work in 10+2 for Physics and Chemistry subjects as these are compulsory subjects to study for 10+2 in mathematics.
25th October 2016, 12:08 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer you have complete your graduation at first. There is no particular subject that you have to study after 10th in order to become an IAS officer. IAS refers to "Indian Administrative Service", to apply for this position you have to be a graduate in any stream and have to appear for the Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC once a year.

Eligibility criteria to appear for Civil Service examination:

> You must complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized college/university.

> Age should be in between 21 years to 30 years. For SC/ST candidates it is 35 years and for OBC candidates it is 33 years.

The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary Examination followed by Civil Service Main Examination and personal interview.
25th October 2016, 12:11 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become IAS officer you can pursue your 11th and 12th standard in whatever stream you want because there is not anything specific stream required in order to become IAS officer ,what is most important is a candidate must be graduate in any discipline from a recognised University with at least 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to the candidates of reserved categories.
25th October 2016, 12:15 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer you have complete your graduation at first. There is no particular subject that you have to study after 10th in order to become an IAS officer. IAS refers to "Indian Administrative Service", to apply for this position you have to be a graduate in any stream and have to appear for the Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC once a year.

Eligibility criteria to appear for Civil Service examination:

> You must complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized college/university.

> Age should be in between 21 years to 30 years. For SC/ST candidates it is 35 years and for OBC candidates it is 33 years.

The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary Examination followed by Civil Service Main Examination and personal interview.
25th October 2016, 02:33 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There is no such stream to be opted for in +2 level of standard in order to become an IAS officer in future. You should complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized university and will have to appear for UPSC examination and after clearing the examination you will be allowed to proceed further with the steps.
25th October 2016, 03:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of 12th standard, you can do B.A in History or Geography to become an IAS officer. Both subjects are scoring for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
25th October 2016, 03:45 PM
ASMITA MISHR
Junior Member+

Hey dear,
you can opt for any stream in which you are interested because anyone from any strean can opt for UPSC exam and became IAS officer's.
Without bothering yourself go for the stream where you find yourself most entertaining.
After completing bachelor's degree only you can can go for these exams.
Minimum age limit is 21 years and your maths part must be strong . so do focus on that very much.
All the best!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?