3rd November 2014, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

ICSE or CBSE Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer? Subjects to follow in IAS examination?

Dear Mam/Sir

I have given my class 10th examinations from ICSE board. My aim is to become an IAS officer. So, what I should choose between ICSE and CBSE boards and subjects to clear all the IAS examinations. I'm waiting for your opinions.

Thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects should be taken in 11th and 12th to become an IAS officer?
  2. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE?
  3. Can I become IAS Officer after completion of Graduation in Geography? Which subjects should I choose for this?
  4. Which subjects to take up in 12th become an IAS officer?
  5. What is the academic difference between CBSE and ICSE board? Which board is easier to score? Any real difference in subjects from preparation stand point?
  6. How to prepare for IAS Officer's exam? Procedure for the exam for 12th standard Arts stream student?
  7. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to select optional subjects for Civil Services examination? How to prepare well for the examination?
  9. What are the subjects of IAS? How should I prepare for IAS?
  10. How can I become an IAS officer while studying in 12th commerce
  11. Possibility to get transfer from Bihar board to ICSE or CBSE board after 10th?
  12. Which board to select between ICSE and CBSE?
  13. How to become an IAS officer after completing BMS degree? From where to get the forms? Details about IAS exam?
  14. How many Exams I have to undergo to become IAS Officer? What are the subjects for this? Which books to prepare for this? Does coaching necessary to become IAS Officer?
  15. How to prepare myself for IAS exam? How many subjects do I have to opt for IAS exam?
  16. Which subjects can a dental graduate opt in IAS exam? How should a dental graduate make the selection for subjects for cracking IAS exam?
  17. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  18. How can I become an IAS officer? I am pursuing Physiotherapy
5th November 2014, 04:17 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: ICSE or CBSE Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer? Subjects to follow in IAS examination?

You can choose any board between ICSE, CBSE or even any state board. Because, the IAS entrance exams does not depend upon the syllabus of any intermediate subjects. And it depends upon various subjects from various fields. During IAS exams, for some sections you can select some subjects like psychology, history, etc. you can choose anyone between them. So, after the completion of Graduation, you can take IAS coaching from a good institute, then you will come to know about various fields on which IAS entrance exams are based.
3rd April 2016, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: ICSE or CBSE Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer? Subjects to follow in IAS examination?

What subjects are useful for me in 11th cfor clearing the ias examinations
16th November 2016, 08:23 AM
Unregistered

Can I take English to complete my graduation before clearing ias examinations?
13th June 2018, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

I have cleared class 10 board exam with 62.4 percentage and I have to become an IAS so which board will be best for class 11
9th November 2019, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

How many central board of secendory education
students get grade (a)jobs
11th November 2019, 11:47 AM
EduXpert

ICSE or CBSE board is not going to make any difference if you are looking for crack IAS Officer exam. All you have to do is prepare according to the UPSC syllabus for the Civil Services exam.

School and colleges have totally different syllabus and paper pattern which is not going to help you anyway in cracking such exams. You need to specially prepare for the IAS Exam according to the paper pattern and syllabus.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?