30th December 2012, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

How to join Merchant Navy if I am a student of 12th commerce with Maths in state board

Hello Sir
I am D VINAY RAO. I am student of 12th in commerce with math in state board. I will be pass in next year. I wanted to join marchent navy. Is there any kind of course for me according to my study stream. Please replay me sir.

26th April 2015, 11:25 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy if I am a student of 12th commerce with Maths in state board

Sorry to inform you that you cannot join Merchant Navy having done your 12th with the commerce stream as for this the minimum educational qualification is 12th with Science stream with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as the main subjects from a recognized school/college affiliated to recognized board .

But you have the option of going for Indian Army one of the three wings of National Defense Academy if you are interested for going in the defense field.

For joining Indian Army you will have to crack NDA examination for which the required qualification are as :-

*You must be an Indian unmarried male candidate .

*Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years .

* You must be physically and mentally sound as per the requirement .

*You must have done your 12th with any stream from a recognized institute .

If you could not clear your NDA exams then you will have the option for same after your graduation with any discipline but for that you will have crack Combined Defense Services examination for which your age must be within 19 years to 24 years .

Both the examination are conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every years .

So for further information regarding this examinations log on to the link

www.upsc.gov.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?