26th June 2013, 01:03 PM
prince thakur rajput

How to take admission in MSc Mathematics? Books to be referred?

sir now i am taking admission in MSc. mathematics and i want to qualify net so which books are providing me good result?

30th June 2014, 10:29 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to take admission in MSc Mathematics? Books to be referred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince thakur rajput View Post
sir now i am taking admission in MSc. mathematics and i want to qualify net so which books are providing me good result?
M.Sc stands for (Master of Science). It is a Master degree course. Basically, mathematics subject teaches about Quantity, Structure, Space, and change, etc... The duration of the M.Sc course (mathematics) has been for two years but it may differ from college to college. The course is divided into four semesters. The M.Sc mathematics course is offered my many Institutions in India.

M.Sc (Mathematics) Eligibility Criteria:-

►The eligibility for a M.Sc (Mathematics) degree will be a Bachelors Degree in any subject with mathematics as a main subject from recognized university. However, a Bachelors Degree in mathematics will be given preference.

►If the student has a Bachelors Degree in any other subject apart from mathematics, then they are likely to undergo an interview to explain their interest in mathematics.

►Some prestigious universities like Bananas Hindu University may also conduct own entrance examination within the college.

►The student must score minimum 50% percentage of marks in bachelor degree course and relaxation up to 5% will be given for SC/ST and OBC category students.

Admission Criteria:-

The Admission to this M.Sc mathematics course is based on the entrance examination conducted by the Institution/university and Bachelor degree scores also take into consideration. So, you have to well prepare for the entrance examination to crack the entrance examination with good marks. Below I have mentioned some reputed books for M.Sc entrance examination, please go through it.

Books for M.Sc Mathematics Entrance Exam:-
  • Mathematical Analysis by Binmore K.G
  • Integral Calculus by Gorakh Prasad
  • Calculus by M. J. Strauss, G. L. Bradley and K. J. Smith
  • Statistics by Murray & Spiegel
  • Complex numbers from A to Z, by T.Andreescu, D.Andrica
  • Elementary Linear Algebra by H.Anton
  • Differential and integral equations by Collins, P.J
  • Differential Equations by G.F.Simmons
  • Introduction to Real Analysis by R. G. Bartle and D. R. Sherbert
  • Data Interpretation and Logical reasoning’ by Arun Sharma
28th July 2015, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to take admission in MSc Mathematics? Books to be referred?

i have completed my BSc with agrigate 54% and i have maths aggrigate 44.75% can i apply MSc in maths..? if so how do i do it?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?