27th December 2013, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

PG diploma in Journalism is eligible for UGC NET exam?

dear sir /ma'am ...hello this is nisha mishra. i have done post graduation diploma in journalism from bhartiya vidya bhawan delhi. am i eligible to give ugc net exam. does post graduation diploma is ok for the eligibility criteria?
thanks and regards

Related Questions:
  1. Difference between Masters degree and Postgraduate Diploma? Can I appear for UGC NET after Postgraduate diploma in Journalism?
  2. Best book to be referred for UGC NET exam in Journalism and Communication?
  3. Am I eligible for UGC NET if I am 31 years old?
  4. Books to be referred for UGC NET exam in Journalism and Mass Communication
  5. IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication-Introduction to Journalism and Mass Communication Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET? I have done MBA with specialization in finance
  7. Can I be eligible for UGC NET entrance exam after doing PG diploma from Indian Institute of Human rights?
  8. Answer key to paper I code Z of UGC NET mass communication and Journalism
  9. Done MBA and also answered UGC NET exam : Am I eligible for PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible for UGC NET after doing BSc Biotech and MBA(HR) correspondence? Can I opt for UGC NET exam in HR field?
  11. M.Pharma student is eligible for both CSIR NET and UGC NET?
  12. Will I be eligible for NET exam after completing PG diploma in Telecom and Networking from SMU through distance mode?
  13. Am I eligible for NET Exam in Lectureship pursuing Masters in Mass Communication and Journalism?
  14. Am I eligible to take up UGC NET entrance exam after completing MBA in Finance and IB with 70%?
  15. Eligibility for admission in IIMC for P.G. diploma course in Journalism(Hindi) or Radio & Television journalism after graduation in Hindi(Hons.)?
  16. PG diploma in mass communication and journalism is approved by UGC?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET Exam after the completion of Post Graduate Diploma in Management?
  18. Am I eligible for UGC NET exam? I have done PG diploma in hospital and healthcare management from Symbiosis Center for Healthcare Pune
5th January 2014, 09:28 AM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: PG diploma in Journalism is eligible for UGC NET exam?

Yeah absolutely, Post Graduate diploma in Journalism is enough to apply for UGC NET Examination. There is no issue to apply for the examination.

NET i.e National Eligibility Test and the examination is conducted by University Grants Commission twice in a year. The examination will be held in the month of December and June in every year calender.

The Examination is conducted for get admission to Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and eligibility for Assistant Professor in both Indian Universities and Colleges.

Let see the eligibility criteria to apply for NET Examination :-

-->> You should have a completed your Master Degree in discipline from a reputed Institution with 55% Marks and 50% Marks for SC/ST/pWD candidates.

-->> You should have a completed Post Graduate Diploma from a reputed Institution from AICTE and UGC approved Colleges and it is recognized by AIU (Association of Indian Universities).

-->> Those who are pursing in the final year of master degree course may also eligible to apply for NET Examination.

-->> Your age not more than 28 years for applying for eligibility for Junior Research Fellowship. Relaxation is given to the reserved categories.

5th January 2014, 11:10 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Firstly I want to clear you one thing-

Post graduate diploma is not equal to the post graduate degree. Both are the different and post graduate diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the UGC NET exam.

UGC NET EXAM ELIGIBILITY-
One candidates who wish to apply for the UGC Net exam must have the minimum qualification of the master degree with at least of 55% marks in his or her master degree.

So if you have done master degree in any stream with at least of 55% marks then only you are eligible to apply for the same.

Otherwise you are not eligible for to apply for the UGC NET Exam 2014.

And one more important thing that your age must not be greater than of 28 in order to apply for the UGC NET exam.

So at last if you have done post graduate diploma only not the master degree then you are not eligible to apply for the UGC NET exam.

But if you have done any master degree before your post graduate diplma and your age not be greater then 28 then surely you are eligible to apply for the UGC NET Exam.
3rd May 2014, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

i have done post graduation diploma in english journalism from(IIMC) Indian Institute of Mass communication under Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. Am i eligible to give ugc net exam. does post graduation diploma is ok for the eligibility criteria?
As in eligibility criteria of ugc/net is written :

Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master%u2019s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. ( www.aiuweb.org )
24th September 2014, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/ Maam,
My name is Sakshi Gupta. I've done PG Diploma in Journalism from LBS Institute of Management and Mass Communication, Lucknow. This institute is affiliated with Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan. Can I apply for UGC NET exam.
Regards
9th March 2015, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/mam,
My name is vrunal wasulkar. I've done masters degree in extension and communication from msu baroda. Is my post eligible to attempt ugc net exam in mass communication and journalism as a subject?
22nd July 2015, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

P.G DIPLOMA IN JOURNALISM AND MASS COMMUNICATIONS IS ELIGIBLE FOR UGC NET.
12th October 2015, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

I have done post graduation diploma in human rights can I be eligible for UGC NET??
20th November 2015, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,

I have done BJMC from IP university and MA (MC) Masters in Mass communication through correspondence kurukshetra university. So, am i Eligible for NET in Journalism and Mass Communication.
2nd July 2017, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

Can MBA Media management students apply for UGC Net from mass and communication and journalism?
6th October 2020, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

Is master of arts in broadcast journalism student is eligible to give ugc net exam????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?