24th May 2010, 05:16 PM
Ishaan Datta

Which are the good colleges for Automobile Engineering in India? Difference between Automotive Engineering and Automobile Engineering?

I want to pursue my carrer in engineering with a four year B.Tech degree in mechanical engineering and then would immediately like to do my M.Tech in Automoblie Engineering.
I would like to know the good Colleges for Automobile Engineering in India.

I would also like to know if there is a difference between AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING And AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING.

Related Questions:
  1. Difference between Automobile and Automotive Engineering? Which engineering course is better?
  2. What will be the starting salary package in MNC or Indian companies after doing Automobile Engineering? Difference between Automobile Engineering and Automotive Engineering?
  3. Preferred course after diploma in Automobile to get good job?
  4. Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering for a good career?
  5. What is the difference between automobile engineering and automobile designing?
  6. Is there any entrance exam available for Automobile Engineering? Are there Automobile engineering colleges in India? Best way to complete Automobile engineering?
  7. Difference between Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope in both? Which diploma course should I join?
  8. Can I do MA in Automotive Engineering from Germany after B.Tech in Production & Industrial engineering?
  9. How to do MS in europe? I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student
  10. List career options for Diploma holders in Automobile field?
  11. List of top 20 colleges offering M.E Automobile Engineering and M.Tech Automotive Electronics in India or just Tamilnadu?
  12. Colleges offering the course in Automobile Engineering under Anna University?
  13. Which one is better to do Automobile engineering or Mechanical engineering with respect to getting a job?
  14. What is the eligibility criteria required to pursue Automobile Engineering? What is the fee structure of the course and Hostel for the same? -- [New]
  15. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) if pursue Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  16. Placements in automobile engineering in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. MS or MBA after automobile engineering? Colleges for MS in automobile engineering?
  18. Which is more preferable, either B.Tech(Mechanical engineering) and M.Tech(automobile engineering) or B.Tech(automobile engineering) and M.Tech(Automobile engineering)? What's the difference between them?
20th May 2011, 05:06 AM
mukesh91

Default Re: Which are the good colleges for Automobile Engineering in India? Difference between Automotive Engineering and Automobile Engineering?

well automobile and automotive engineering are the same thing and to be precised Automotive engineering is a branch of automobile engineering. Automobile engineering is vehicular technology that deals with designing, manufacturing, and operation of automobiles whereas automotive engineering deals with other elements of engineering comprising mechanical, electrical, electronic, and safety.Modern automotive engineering is a branch of vehicle engineering, incorporating elements of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and safety engineering as applied to the design, manufacture and operation of motorcycles, automobiles, buses and trucks and their respective engineering subsystems....
following universities offer automobile engineering:
1: satyabama university,chennai
2: anna university,chennai
3: Pimpri Chichwad Polytechnic,pune
4: Malviya National Institute of Technology,jaipur
5: Delhi College of Engineering,delhi
6: bits pilani,rajasthan
7:L.D college of engineering,ahmedabad,gujarat
8: indus institute of engineering,gandhinagar,gujarat
9: ahmedabad institute of engineering, ahmedabad,gujarat
20th May 2011, 08:44 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

Default Re: Which are the good colleges for Automobile Engineering in India? Difference between Automotive Engineering and Automobile Engineering?

I give list of some top colleges in INDIA for pursuing Automobile and Engineering :

SHRI N.M. GOPANI POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE KINARA, Gujarat - India

Al Kabir Polytechnic, Jharkhand - India

M.L. INSTITUTE OF DIPLOMA STUDIES, Gujarat - India

EME SCHOOL, Gujarat - India

University Polytechnic (B.I.T.), Jharkhand - India

Shankra Institute Of Technology, Rajasthan - India

Er. Perumal Manimekalai College Of Engineering, Tamil Nadu - India

K.L.N. College Of Engineering, Tamil Nadu - India

Hindustan College Of Engineering, Tamil Nadu - India

Institute Of Road & Transport Tech., Tamil Nadu - India

Madras Institute Of Technology, Tamil Nadu - India

P.S.G. College Of Technology, Tamil Nadu - India

Shanmuganathan Engg. College, Tamil Nadu - India

Sacs-Mavmm Engineering College, Tamil Nadu - India
you can apply in this colleges for have a bright future.

Yes, There are difference between automobile and automotive, you can check it on auttoinstitute.com
21st May 2011, 07:30 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which are the good colleges for Automobile Engineering in India? Difference between Automotive Engineering and Automobile Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishaan Datta View Post
I want to pursue my carrer in engineering with a four year B.Tech degree in mechanical engineering and then would immediately like to do my M.Tech in Automoblie Engineering.
I would like to know the good Colleges for Automobile Engineering in India.

I would also like to know if there is a difference between AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING And AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING.
Its very good decision to opt with mech. it has a good scope with various fields not only automobile or automotive but also with emerging robotic mechanics mechatronics and so on

Its very good that you are opting the path after b.e directly m.e. it is best because the flow will not miss and you will be a perfect student after b.e as your interest is towards m.e

The top colleges list is uploaded with this post in the form of word docx format so please do have a look at it

Yeah there is difference between Automotive engineering and Automobile engineering

Automotive Engineering is the combination of automobile engineering plus auto components : auto components are the parts used for the automobile

whereas automobile engineering is the engineering which concentrates on human and business needs of world

This is all about your question

Regards

~AdityA~
Attached Files
File Type: docx top colleges for automob engg.docx(16.4 KB, 246 views)
25th May 2011, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

can I complete my b tech ( automotive engineering) from DA-IICT? . I am preparing for iit-jee, but iit-jee not consist the automotive course.
29th May 2011, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

what are the fees ?
1st June 2011, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

my name is gautam kumar .and i know
6th June 2011, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I get the list of Automotive Colleges at Thane ?
11th June 2011, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

my name is saurab singh, this year i complit mr 10th i m intrested in automobile engenering pls advice me for that best
my contact no is 9594987758
17th June 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

I doing my 3rd year BE in Electronics and Instrumentation...
I would like to do ME in Automobile eng in top universities... Is it useful for me!!
I want to know about the job vacancies in this world..
2nd July 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

I am studing in class 10th ,and i want to become automotive engineer .Tell me which is the best government college of india
6th July 2011, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

what is the future of automobile engineering?
6th July 2011, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

My name is Ashiq Jaman and i have comleted senior school this year and i want to do automobiles course can u give me the best college name and their adress this is my contact no 918890365956 pls do me the favour
26th July 2011, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

I am Devendra kumar from patna .I have fillup the T.N.I.OF AE FORM .pleasa tell me something is this collage approved by a.i.c.t.e.this is my contact no 9570645860 pls do me the favour
2nd October 2011, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing btech from automobile engg. and i want to appear in GATE examination ...so.. am i appearing in gate through choosing mechanical engg or production engg. plz help me out in this? Is this possible or not?
4th November 2011, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

i am studying in std ix and am interested in car designing please advise me as to which courses should i opt for
sahil
12th December 2011, 08:03 PM
neo-rocks

18th March 2012, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me in which country i should do auto mobile engg.........i m nt intrstng in any indian inst........
4th June 2012, 07:25 PM
Shivam singh gour

SHIVAM SINGH GOUR
Sir I want to take admission in automobile engineering collage so please tell me a good collage for it.
14th June 2012, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

i have cross 3rd year which is the best design course for automobile engineer ?
27th June 2012, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
Now i m going to do automobile engineering.Iwant to know about demand of aotomobile in gujarat in next 3-4 years.
( please sir it is importent for me to know this.admission process is already started.)
my gmail is( [email protected] )pls,pls,pls.
5th April 2014, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Hello . I have completed my 10th and I want to
learn about automobiles further. Can u tell me which streams and degree i should take
and colleges regarding automobile engg..
17th August 2015, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

which are the best automotive design engineering university in asia priority wise
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?