27th May 2010, 09:02 PM
Divya_DDUN

Am I eligible for IIMs, XLRI, Symbiosis, NMIMS after scoring 64% in 10th and 12th?

Sir iI have scored 64% in both 10th & 12th.Am I eligible for IIMs, XLRI, SYMBIOSIS, NMIMS?

16th May 2011, 11:18 PM
Ucco

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIMs, XLRI, Symbiosis, NMIMS after scoring 64% in 10th and 12th?

IIMs, XLRI, Symbiosis are known for MBA programmes.If you are willing to take admission in this reputed institutions then you first have to complete your graduation.Try scoring high marks in it (more than 70%). For admission in this institute you first have to appear CAT/XAT/SNAP.CAT is conducted by IIMs for shortlisting candidates.The shortlisted candidates are then called for GD/WAT (Written Ability Test) and PI.To secure a chance of getting into IIMs you must have to score 99 percentile in CAT (99.9 for IIM-A).And also have to perform equally well in GD/WAT and PI.The smillar pattern is followed in Symbiosis and XLRI.The other top institutes for MBA are FMS and School of Management studies -IIT.All the best
16th May 2011, 11:28 PM
Ucco

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIMs, XLRI, Symbiosis, NMIMS after scoring 64% in 10th and 12th?

IIMs, XLRI, Symbiosis are known for MBA programmes.If you are willing to take admission in this reputed institutions then you first have to complete your graduation.Try scoring high marks in it (more than 70%). For admission in this institute you first have to appear CAT/XAT/SNAP.CAT is conducted by IIMs for shortlisting candidates.The shortlisted candidates are then called for GD/WAT (Written Ability Test) and PI.To secure a chance of getting into IIMs you must have to score 99 percentile in CAT (99.9 for IIM-A).And also have to perform equally well in GD/WAT and PI.The smillar pattern is followed in Symbiosis and XLRI.The other top institutes for MBA are FMS and School of Management studies -IIT.All the best
17th May 2011, 11:48 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

I think you are not eligible for IIM-A & B, because they have changed admission criteria:

Eligibility criteria for admission , which makes 70% marks in Class X and XII as a prerequisite to qualify for interview call, irrespective of CAT score.
And i am sure other IIMs will also follow this criteria.

But you can apply for XLRI, Symbosis, & NMIMS.
27th May 2011, 02:15 PM
SonalSinghal

yes, sure you can apply for these colleges but before that you have to get graduation degree with min 50% marks. So, for now concentrate on your graduation and prepare for mba entrance exams. However, I would like to inform you about some of interesting programs like fashion and retail mgmt, or sports mgmt etc. If these programs interests you then look for UTM, a lifestyle university offering these programs and its faculty and infrastructure is also good.
15th June 2011, 02:38 AM
Unregistered

I have secure 52% in 12th.am I elligible for IIM?
24th July 2011, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

err... do they ask the over all percent (i.e including languages and computer) to be 70% or is it just math ,phy and chem...... becuz iv got 72% in 10th and 71%in 12th ,but in 12th ive got only 64% in math ,phy,chem. So does this mean tat i wont be called for gd/wat and pi....PLEAZZZZ HELP MEE....so tat i cant start preparing accordingly.
4th August 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

i have 66% in class 10th and 56% in 12th and 53% in graduation.if i will get 98% in cat than can i able to get sit in iim?
21st August 2011, 05:49 AM
Unregistered

sir, i hav 44% in class 10th and 55% in 12th am i eligible for cat and xat exam?
2nd September 2011, 10:28 PM
swadhinnayak.nayak@gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have 66% in class 10th and 56% in 12th and 53% in graduation.if i will get 98% in cat than can i able to get sit in iim?
plz suggest?
30th October 2011, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission in other best institutions rather than IIM's with 66.5% in 10th nd 73% in 12th.??
20th December 2011, 01:38 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IIMs, XLRI, Symbiosis, NMIMS after scoring 64% in 10th and 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya_DDUN View Post
Sir iI have scored 64% in both 10th & 12th.Am I eligible for IIMs, XLRI, SYMBIOSIS, NMIMS?
Eligibility For MBA Entrance Exams

As far as your 12th percentages are concerned,they are fine but for appearing in any MBA entrance exam..a candidate should be a graduate in any stream so first focus on the completion of your graduation..

A candidate must have a minimum of 55% in graduation so that he/she can sit for all the above mentioned entrance exams..

You can take coaching besides studying for your graduation or do your preparations through self study(whichever suits you the best)

For study material,past papers and tips to crack the MBA entrance exams..just Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
20th December 2011, 04:31 PM
jayparikh

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IIMs, XLRI, Symbiosis, NMIMS after scoring 64% in 10th and 12th?

Quote:
Am I eligible for IIMs, XLRI, Symbiosis, NMIMS after scoring 64% in 10th and 12th?

Hi friend,

I am sorry to say that , you might not get seat in IIMs, even if you score 98% or even more than that.

I explain you, how it works:-

-Basically, IIMs decide certain cutoff for their institute based on CAT score, this varies institute to institute.

-Now due to cut -throat competition , after shortlisting students based on CAT, they need to more filter the students, due to lack of seat.

-So, now they have given weightage to each 10th ,12th ,graduation , work experiment and for some extra ordinary achievement.

-So, by combining all these weightage , they further short list the students. and they issues call letter for Group discussion or written exam.

>>so,here your low percentage will create trouble for you and you may not get seat.All other institutes follows the same.

Hope , your query has been solved.

for any other query,please post it here.

best of luck

regards.
20th December 2011, 04:47 PM
jayparikh

Wink Re: Am I eligible for IIMs, XLRI, Symbiosis, NMIMS after scoring 64% in 10th and 12th?

Quote:
sir, i hav 44% in class 10th and 55% in 12th am i eligible for cat and xat exam?

Hi friend,

see,to appear in CAT and XAT exam, you must be graduate and your graduation percentage only matters to appear in exam.

you must have 50% (For some exams 55%) in order to appear in this exam.these are some of the highly competitive exam of the country.

I have doubt that your low percentage in 10th and 12th will create trouble for you in the following rounds , even if you score very high in these exams.

These exams have the cut-throat competition so, while considering for next round, institute takes 10th and 12th percent also on record.so, here problem creates for you.

But, don't worry, there are many other good MBA colleges are there in India. you can surely make it to it.

For any other query, please post it here.

best of luck

regards.
21st December 2011, 01:32 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You are look like MBA aspirant.. Then all you need is you just have to complete your graduation in any trade with a good aggregate ...

After which you can apply for Any kind of MBA entrance exams like-

1.CAT,
2.MAT
3.XAT
4.SNAP
etc..
To appear in CAT exam you must have 50% aggregate in graduation..
For other exams there is no such percentage criteria is mentioned.
There is no such requirements of 10th and 12th marks percentage..

You just complete your graduation , then go for MBA course.
All the best.
27th February 2012, 02:02 AM
edward1989

yes, sure you can apply for these colleges but before that you have to get graduation degree with min 50% marks. So, for now concentrate on your graduation and prepare for mba entrance exams. However, I would like to inform you about some of interesting programs like fashion and retail mgmt, or sports mgmt etc. If these programs interests you then look for UTM, a lifestyle university offering these programs and its faculty and infrastructure is also good.
30th March 2012, 05:52 PM
kaveribiswas

IIMs, XLRI, Symbiosis are known for MBA programmes.If you are willing to take admission in this reputed institutions then you first have to complete your graduation.Try scoring high marks in it (more than 70%). For admission in this institute you first have to appear CAT/XAT/SNAP.CAT is conducted by IIMs for shortlisting candidates.The shortlisted candidates are then called for GD/WAT (Written Ability Test) and PI.To secure a chance of getting into IIMs you must have to score 99 percentile in CAT (99.9 for IIM-A).And also have to perform equally well in GD/WAT and PI.
10th June 2012, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

I have secured 61% in 10th , 62% in 12th and 74% in graduation . can i get admissions in iim , xlri, symbiosis , fms?
25th June 2012, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Hello friends. I have secured 87% in my 10th std exams n 64% in 12th. As i was forced into engineering i failed twice in the same year as i am absolutely not interested in science. However i am passionate abt doing mba frm best of universities n ve decided to take my graduation seriously and secure distinction throughout. if i get good percentile in CAT, XAT will my previous failure affect my chances in IIM and XLRI irrespective of distinction in graduation? please help.
24th June 2013, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

Is symbiosis and IIM related?
24th June 2013, 04:05 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Is symbiosis and IIM related?
IIM and Symbiosis Management colleges both offer MBA courses.
This course is of Two years

Symbiosis is an unversity and there are many colleges which are under that university

IIM is an Government college

To get admission in IIM you have to appear in the CAT written test and for Symbiosis you have to appear in SNAP exams

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT and SNAP exams is:

CAT—This exam is conducted by IIM.
Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass with minimum 50% marks
Forms come out in July each year
Exams are held in October each year

SNAP- This exam is conducted by Symbiosis,
Minimum Eligibility is Graduation pass with minimum 50% marks
Forms come out in August each year
Exams are held in December each year
28th June 2013, 08:17 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

Eligibility for XLRI, NMIMS, IIM etc doesn't say anything about 10th and 12th marks.
It requires you to pass 10th and 12th.
the more marks you have in 10th and 12th, the better it is for admission.

these college generally have following eligibility criteria

- You should be a graduate
- you should have done your graduation from UGC recognized college/institute
- you should have atleast 50% marks in your graduation
- 45% in case of SC/ST
- No live back log
- final year graduate can also appear
- no age limit
- no limitation on number of attempts

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?