17th June 2014, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between CBSE Board and State Board?

can do the 11th & 12th with cbse board in
our state and tell me about the difference
between cbse board & state board ,
if i take the state board ,then we are
able to admission in the same state ,

Related Questions:
  1. Which board is better between CBSE Board and Andhra Pradesh State Board?
  2. What is the difference between state board and CBSE board? If I pass state boad and then prepare for IIT JEE will I be at loss?
  3. Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which is better between CBSE and Maharashtra board? Is there any difference between the syllabus of CBSE and Maharashtra
  5. Which one is more better CBSE or State board? Which will be beneficial for placement?
  6. Can I get admission in CBSE Board if studying in State Board? -- [New]
  7. Number of seats reserved in Medical for CBSE Board, ICSE Board and Gujarat Board under NEET? Process of percentage calculation in Gujarat state board for NEET?
  8. Should I go for Maharashtra state board students after scoring 74.1% in 10th CBSE?
  9. What is the academic difference between CBSE and ICSE board? Which board is easier to score? Any real difference in subjects from preparation stand point?
  10. What is the last date of submission of form for class 12th?
  11. Should I study any other book in 10th standard apart from NCERT?
  12. Possibility to get transfer from Bihar board to ICSE or CBSE board after 10th?
  13. Is it beneficial to change board from CBSE to state board? I've studied up to 5th std in Gujarati medium and shifted to CBSE
  14. CBSE students admission to medical colleges in Tamil Nadu?
  15. Which board to choose CBSE or State Board? Can I get better placement in CBSE than Sate Board?
  16. Which board is ideal CBSE or Madhya Pradesh board?
  17. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE?
  18. Quota in medical seats in Gujarat for state board and CBSE students?
20th June 2014, 12:17 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between CBSE Board and State Board?

Yes, you can definitely pursue education of 10+2 in CBSE based school of your state. The advantages and disadvantages of each board are mentioned below. You need to look at the points and then decide with respect to your career objectives. It would have been better if you had mentioned the stream of your study since different streams have different scopes.

CBSE board for 10+2 :-

Advantage - The syllabus of the main core subjects are at par with the syllabus of most of the entrance exams. There is no compulsion of taking second language and english is easy. So better attention can be given to the core subjects.

Disadvantage - If you want to get admission in the normal colleges which take admission on the basis of score in 10+2, then there will be more cutoff for CBSE students and less reservation quota for CBSE students. For other parts of India, CBSE result will be given more preference than state board.

State Board :-

Advantage - The reservation quota is higher for the state board students if they want to take admission in the colleges which take admission on the basis of scores in 10+2 in the same state. The cutoff will also be lesser.

Disadvantage - Taking second language is a compulsion. The syllabus of the core subjects differs quite an extent with the entrance exam held all-over India.

So, if entrance exam and then professional courses like B.Tech/B.E/MBBS/etc. is your aim then go for CBSE, else you can stick to State Board.
26th January 2021, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the difference between CBSE Board and State Board?

Difference of ncert and bosem class 9 science textbook
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?