27th August 2014, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in M.Tech in India on the basis of my GRE score?

Hello, I am an engineering student (computer science). I appeared for GRE in october. I scored 298/340. Now my plan to do Ms. from abroad has dropped due to some reason. Now I want to continue my studies in india only. My question is that can I get admission in mtech on the basis of my GRE score? For instance I have heard that on basis of GMAT some colleges in India give admission in MBA. So, is GRE considered for doing mtech in India? If some colleges give admission , please let me know. This is the second time I am writing , please do reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for MS after completion of EEE course?
  2. GRE score of 284 and IELTS score of 6.0 bands are not enough to get admission in good universities?
  3. Which are the good college for M.Tech which dont come under GATE?
  4. Details about GRE: Scope and colleges accepting GRE scores? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Do I have any chances for getting scholarship after aplying to various universities if I score well in GRE too? Criteria for admission and required GRE score?
  6. Does GATE be the only Entrance Exam to join M.Tech? Career Opportunities after doing M.Tech? Will Companies hire on the basis of GATE score?
  7. Will my high GRE score help me getting financial aid for admission in USA?
  8. Required minimum percentage for M.D. in Good Universities?
  9. Are there any indian universities offering GRE score for MS in India?
  10. How to apply for scholarships on the basis of GRE score?
  11. How to apply for GRE and achieve a good score? How to get a scholarship based on GRE score?
  12. M.Tech from India is better or from Abroad?
  13. Admission in M.Tech program in IIIT Bangalore after scoring 1100 score in GRE?
  14. List of the universities which consider admission for MS Computer Science on the basis of TOEFL and GRE score?
  15. What other activities do universities in US consider apart from GRE score to get admission in MS
  16. Any possibility to get admission in any university for MS or M.Pharmacy after scoring 78% and 840 GRE score?
  17. When should I apply for GRE if pursuing B.Tech(CSE) 2nd year? How much should I score in GRE to get admission in leading universities of UK?
  18. Procedure to do Research in Mathematics in Germany? Which are the scholarship schemes available?
12th December 2014, 06:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in M.Tech in India on the basis of my GRE score?

No, you cannot get admission in M.Tech course in India on the basis of your GRE score. As you already know that GRE score is considered only for getting admission in MS course in foreign universities. Candidates can get admission in MBA course in India on the basis of GMAT score but not on the basis of GRE score. If you wish to get admission in M.Tech course, then you need to appear for GATE examination. Based on your entrance examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college by qualifying the GATE entrance examination to get admission in M.Tech course.
4th March 2019, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get admission in M.Tech in India on the basis of my GRE score?

Hi, I wanted to know that after appearing for GRE exam what opportunities for masters course are available for me in india with my GRE score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?