3rd November 2009, 07:32 PM
priyanka chandna

Which MSc course should I opt for and their MSC entrance exams dates

heyyyyy.........im priyanka chandna student of bsc(hons) biotech ......
m in 3yr, so nw plz tell me for doing msc which couse i should opt....
and plz also tell the entraces xames and their dates also ..........
and should i drop this year. for the prepration....

25th November 2009, 07:37 PM
letsrock007

Default Re: Which MSc course should I opt for and their MSC entrance exams dates

@Priyanka

In my opinion you should go for M.Sc. in Biotechnology as the job prospects are huge in this field. If you are a degree holder in M.Sc in Biotechnology then you will be readily accepted in the various fields like Pharmaceutical companies, Biotechnological Industries etc.

Best institutes for pursuing M.Sc. in Biotechnology are:

1. Indian Institute of Technology
2. Amrita School of Biotechnology
3. St. Xaviers College

You can check for their entrance exam dates on their respective websites.

Don't think about droping a year. First give a try in the entrance exams this time and evaluate where you actually stand now. Best of luck!
25th November 2009, 07:53 PM
dipaleeknyn

Default Re: Which MSc course should I opt for and their MSC entrance exams dates

Well, I think continuing M.Sc. biotechnology will be good cause this field is having a huge demand by industries now a days.

The enterance exams being conducted are

JNU(Commmon entrance test) for M.Sc. Biotechnology Forms are available in mid of Februaury and exam is held in the month of May.
JAM(Joint Admission test to M.Sc.) conducted by IIT for M.Sc. Biotech. The forms may be available by now and exams are held in March or May.

Regarding preparation, you dont need to waste your for preparation. Get the sample papers of these and on the basis of that you can prepare for the test. All that you have studied in your B.Sc. from First to final year including physics and mathematics(10+2).the paper is very easy.
11th December 2009, 03:38 PM
shweta guleria

you should not drop your year .there are various entrances exams you should first give them and if you didnot get any good institute then you can think about droping.
IIT-JAM form is available now
JNU form will be available in febuary any PGI ,PU forms will be soon available
13th December 2009, 06:29 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

Its not necessary to drop this year instead complete it and there are many universities offering M.sc in different fields so choose the one where you are interested. I would suggest you to take microbiology as it falls under the category of Biological Science and Technology courses and just like other courses under the same category, microbiology is also one of the better emerging medical technology fields. These are the list of colleges offering microbiology:
University of Kerala : Faculty of Science, Thiruvananthapuram( Kerala ) University of Mumbai, Mumbai( Maharashtra )
University of Pune : Faculty of Science, Pune( Maharashtra )
Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar( Orissa )
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi( Delhi )
Assam University, Silchar( Assam )
Delhi University, New Delhi( Delhi )

All the best.
14th December 2009, 11:54 AM
sayeeda

i think u must opt for microbiology since it is one leading professional subject which is maximum untouched area by the researcher in india & there is a vast scope to do research which will be beneficial for your carrier as well as for the nation.
15th December 2009, 01:26 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

you should probably opt for m.sc (biotechnology) or (bioinformatics) these two have good career possibilities in India.

and the best place to persue that course is IIT-M,IIT-D OR IIT-R ,admission is based on rank scored in IIT-JAM.
5th January 2010, 10:37 PM
theindiantiger

AIIMS, New Delhi- MSc in Biotechnology
ACBR, University of Delhi-M. Sc. In Biomedical Sciences
PGI, Chandigarh-M. Sc. In Biochemistry / Biotechnology
PONDICHERRY UNIVERSITY-M.Sc. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biotechnology
ICAR, New Delhi-M. Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology
UNIVERSITY OF DELHI
M.Sc. in Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
Date of examination around july month
The above said colleges offer MSc courses in different fiels within Biotechnology you may choose from
You may also take GATE exam BT paper and if you have high percentile you can get admission in IISc which offers MSc in Biochemistry or microbiology.
IIT Kharagpur also offers suitable PG courses in Biotechnology
5th February 2010, 07:30 PM
mittureddy

AIIMS, New Delhi- MSc in Biotechnology
ACBR, University of Delhi-M. Sc. In Biomedical Sciences
PGI, Chandigarh-M. Sc. In Biochemistry / Biotechnology
PONDICHERRY UNIVERSITY-M.Sc. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biotechnology
ICAR, New Delhi-M. Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology
HYDERABAD UNIVERSITY-msc biotechnology
IIT"S-MSC biotechnology
30th March 2010, 06:00 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
you must opt biotechnology.
it has is going to be a very good future in the near future for our country.
and after doing biotechnology you will be eligible for many companies.

ok.
good luck for your future.
7th May 2010, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

I have done Bsc in microbiology.can i do Msc in biotechnology .will biotech be difficult?where should i go-micro or biotech?please suggest me good institutes for these courses in delhi or other states nearby
18th June 2010, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

can bsc (general)student apply for msc biotechnology
18th June 2010, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

can i gt sample papers for acbr msc entrance test.
25th June 2010, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Hi,m poorvi ve completed my Bsc biotechnogy, nw i want to do msc in pharmaceutical biotechnology in chennai so tel me sum colleges offering this course in chennai...?
6th July 2010, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

hi im kanchana, doing BSc biochemistry..i want to continue my PG, in d same subject or molecular level studies....Is there any chance
to write exam for those subjects?
17th July 2010, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

hi im nalini n done b.sc industrial microbiology..plz suggest colleges where admissions in p.g microbio on marks basis has opened in present date along with total fees and infrastructure
20th July 2010, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

can a student pursuing biochemistry in deegre purse microbiology in pg
13th August 2010, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,
I am in B.sc 3rd yr and very confused about choosing the subjects for doing Msc.? with 65% marks can i get direct admission in any college in subjects like biotech or agriculture if i am not able to clear iitjam. please gve me some suggestions...
15th August 2010, 09:00 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,

its my kind advice is to you should go for M.Sc. biotechnology.

The enterance exams which is conducted once in a year are...

JAM(Joint Admission test to M.Sc.) conducted by IIT for M.Sc. Biotech.

JNU(Commmon entrance test) for M.Sc. Biotechnology Forms are available in mid of Februaury and exam is held in the month of May.

The forms may be available by now and exams are held in March or May.

also follow previous year questions.

all d best.
28th September 2010, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

which msc course should i opt in field of msc
28th September 2010, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

which course should i opt in field of phy.
16th October 2010, 02:42 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which msc course should i opt in field of msc
As far as MSc is concerned you will be either eligible for that field in which you have done your UG but recently some new emerging fields are alos there which have good scope in near future.If you belong to maths background you hav efollowing options
MSC maths
MSc Chemistry
MSc Physics
MSc IT
MSc nanotechnology
MSC in Space and atmospheric science

If belong to Life science
MSc Biotechnolgy
MSC biochemistry
MSc Molecular Bilogy
MSc in Botany
MSc Zoology
MSc Boiinformatics
11th November 2010, 05:50 PM
megha ram singh

Smile Re: Which MSc course should I opt for and their MSC entrance exams dates

There are many courses which you can opt like

M.Sc. Biotechnology
M.Sc. Biochemistry
M.Sc. Molecular biology
M.Sc. Microbiology
M.Sc. Genetics
M.Sc. Immunology
M.Sc. Bacteriology
you have many options to choose it depends upon your interest, all the best..
23rd December 2010, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

hello sir i would like to know whether a b.sc(hons) biotech pursuing final year student is qualified for sitting for GATE entrance examination for m.sc in BT n if yes could you please tell me the process to apply for it and colleges under it n when the forms will be available for it and when the exam will be conducted.
thank you
14th February 2011, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

respected sir myself rakhi prabhakar,
recently i m in 3rd yr of bsc from biomedical science,can u plz inform me that should i change my steam for msc,which stream should i chose,plz also inform me about the colzs and their entrance dates
Thank u.
17th May 2011, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

at present am in third year of bsc with physics as my subject.please tell me which are the best institutes in mumbai for msc in physics.when are the forms available for entrance exams in those institutions?and what is the syllabus?
14th June 2011, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

I was studying 3years bsc physics instrumentation at mg university,kottayam.i want to go for further post graduation courses in IIT which courses are there and what can I choose.
29th June 2011, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

i want to give jawaharlal neheru university entrance exam for bio tech.so i want to know what are subject where question can be asked.foe example,physics
21st July 2011, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my third year B.sc Biotechnology. I have tried many universities , jam , jnu but didn't get admisson. I had drop after my 12th for preparation of entrances. Should I drop one more year to get into good institute?
10th October 2011, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

can u pls tell me some college in south india offering m.sc pharmaceutical biotechnology?
19th April 2012, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

hello i just gave b.sc in biotechnology this year n has not sat for any entrance test for msc so could u pls tell me which field is best 4 me as i wanna do m.tech after my m.sc so in which field should i do my m.sc...
22nd May 2012, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

hey .....i am rohan
i have completeted my BSC with subjects physics,maths and statistics.I want to opt for some course which in future can provide me with more of a field work or least office work.i was intrested in wildlife,but due to my subjects in UG,i cant enter in that field.so please help me take a right course,it may not b Msc but a job with more travelling and money.
22nd May 2012, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

hey .....i am rohan
i have completeted my BSC with subjects physics,maths and statistics.I want to opt for some course which in future can provide me with more of a field work or least office work.i was intrested in wildlife,but due to my subjects in UG,i cant enter in that field.so please help me take a right course,it may not b Msc but a job with more travelling and money.
22nd May 2012, 10:57 PM
rohan7007

hey .....i am rohan
22nd May 2012, 10:59 PM
rohan7007

hey .....i am rohan
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?