24th December 2014, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

BPT is an eligible course for IAS?

sir
i'm an 18n years old boy and i would like to join BPT if i complete BPT after 4 years, could have apply for ias exam?

24th December 2014, 09:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: BPT is an eligible course for IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir
i'm an 18n years old boy and i would like to join BPT if i complete BPT after 4 years, could have apply for ias exam?
Yes, after completion of BPT course you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
25th December 2014, 12:21 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of Physiotherapy is a Graduation course of 4 1/2 years Duration.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAMINATION:

* Candidate must hold a Valid Degree or its equivalent from a recognized University.

* Candidate must be Citizen of India.

* Candidates age must be in between 21-30 years as on 1st August, 2015.

* Age relaxation will be prescribed for SC,ST and BC.
25th December 2014, 11:53 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for IAS examination after completion of your Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Since, BPT is an Bachelor's degree course, you can appear for IAS examination after completion of your Graduation degree from a recognised university. Eligibility criteria required to appear for IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

3. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fir.

By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you are eligible to appear for IAS examination. Since, you are going to pursue BPT course, after completion of your Graduation degree from a recognised university, you are eligible to appear for IAS examination.
25th December 2014, 02:42 PM
Rahul9596

BPT is a good course and it is graduated course and if you want to apply for the IAS exam then of course you can apply for this exam.

IAS exam is very reputed post and it is conducted by UPSC. it is very tough exam. IAS stands for Indian Administration service. And it is conducted by Union public service commission. For this you have to do hard work.

Eligibility for IAS:
For this the candidate should have graduation with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university.

Selection Process:
Preliminary exam
Main exam
Interview

No. of attempts:
For general category: 4 attempts
For OBC: 8 attempts
For Sc: No limit
This exam is one of the toughest exam conducted by the UPSC. So, you have to do hard work to clear this exam.
17th March 2019, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir i study Diploma in Physiotherapy after 10th and now onto study BPT course can i still apply for IAS exam?
29th January 2022, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I give upsc exam in mid of my BPT course??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?