21st February 2015, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for campus placement with 58% in B.Tech till 6th semester?

i have above 60 % in 10 2 , 80 % in 10th and 58 % btech till 6th sem(with 3 backlogs)...am im alegible for campus placement
companies will be visiting for campus placement....
i am sure i will be able to make my btech percentage above 60 after 7th sem ...
what are the chances that i might get placed ?..
companies visit our college are TCS, ACCENTURE , TECH MAHINDRA, CSC, HEADSTRONG , CAPGEMINI..AND FEW OTHERS..

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to attend TCS on-campus interview for a candidate who has secured 59% in B.Tech 6th semester?
  2. Will I be eligible to attend the campus interviews of Wipro, Accenture and Infosys after scoring 65% marks till 6th semester?
  3. Am i eligible to sit for campus placement after scoring 73% in 10th, 58% in 12th
  4. How should i prepare for off campus and on campus placements? I am a B.Tech 6th semester student
  5. Am I eligible for TCS having secured 58.2% in 10th, 67% in 12th and 64% upto 6th semester of my B.E.?
  6. Am I eligible for Infosys campus placements with 81.4% in 10th, 62.2% in 12th and 74.9% in 6th semester?
  7. Am I eligible for campus placement after scoring 86% in 10th, 81% in 12th and 60% in all semester
  8. List of companies which I am eligible for campus placements?
  9. What to do to get a Job in Infosys being a candidate of pursuing 6th semester of B.Tech from CSE?
  10. Which Companies am I eligible to get Job having secured 75% in 10th, 53% in 12th and an aggregate of 70% till 6th semester of B.Tech?
  11. How to apply for off-campus placement for 6th semester B.Tech student? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Off-campus job opportunities for a candidate who have secured 69.14% in 10th, 56.7% in 12th and 74.14% in B.E. till 6th semester? Whether 12th percentage matters to get job if clearing GATE?
  13. What is the eligibility criteria for HCL?
  14. Am I eligible for TCS campus placements after failing in 6th semester?
  15. If I have scored 1st class in 6th semester and distinction in rest all of the semesters then do I satisfy the criteria for campus interview in MNC's?
  16. Am I eligible for campus recruitment after scoring 73% aggregate in BTech
  17. Am i eligible for online campus placement of Infosys
  18. Eligibility criteria for Microsoft Off-Campus interview?
25th February 2015, 06:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for campus placement with 58% in B.Tech till 6th semester?

You are eligible for campus placements only when you can secure minimum 60% marks or more than 60% marks. Your overall performance 10th standard onwards is really good and if you can maintain the same in your B.Tech (till 7th), you will certainly be eligible for Campus placements.
In 10th class - your percentage is 80%
In 12th class - your percentage is above 60%
In B.Tech (Till 6th Sem) - your percentage is 58%
In B.Tech (Till 7th Sem) - Make sure you clear all your 3 backlogs and your percentage is more than 60%

To be eligible for campus placements, the minimum percentage required is 60% and above. I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for TCS campus recruitment since you have backlogs and it is not considered as one time pass. No backlogs should be there to be eligible for TCS campus placements. Don't worry, there are other companies, which allow you to sit for their campus recruitment process when you can secure 60% or more than 60% by the time you complete your 7th Semester to increase your chances. I strongly suggest you to clear your 3 backlogs first, and make sure you secure more than 60% till 7th semester (means you are required to score more than 80% to bring your B.Tech aggregate to 65% and above till 7th Sem). If you can follow all the above instructions, I can say that there are good chances for you to get selected in good companies.
26th February 2015, 08:30 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for campus placement with 58% in B.Tech till 6th semester?

Am afraid that you won't be eligible for most of the companies like TCS, Accenture, Wipro etc. as they restrict students who are less than 60% marks in there studies. The common eligibility criteria followed for the MNC companies coming in for campus placement is as follows,

-> 60% above throughout studies i.e 10th, 12th and UG/PG degree.

-> No current backlogs.

-> Good communication and technical skills.

So, from the above eligibility criteria it's clear that you won't be eligible because you have less than 60% marks in B.Tech with 3 backlogs. Since it's just 6th semester you can try working hard in the next 2 semester and clear all the backlogs plus score more than 60% which is possible and later apply for all companies which are coming in the final semester which should ensure you getting a job. Just put your hard work now and for sure you will see yourself in a better place when you complete your studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?