6th March 2015, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information, syllabus and tips to prepare for Staff Selection Commission exams?

Hello,
I am preparing for Staff Selection Commission exam.
So please provide me all type of information related
to this exam and also provide me syllabus of SSC exams?
What steps should I take for SSC exams preparation?

12th March 2015, 12:09 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information, syllabus and tips to prepare for Staff Selection Commission exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am preparing for Staff Selection Commission exam.
So please provide me all type of information related
to this exam and also provide me syllabus of SSC exams?
What steps should I take for SSC exams preparation?
Staff Selection Commission is all set to hold a national level exam, to employee eligible candidates for the different posts. You should have intermediate or equivalent as minimum qualification for applying this examination. The procedure of selection will complete after conducting two modes that are Written Examination and Typing Skill.

Syllabus:

-> General Intelligence: Verbal and Non-Verbal questions on Analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, problem solving, analysis, decision making and judgment, discrimination and observation etc.

-> General Awareness : History, Culture, Economic Scenario, Geography, General Research and Polity

-> Arithmetic: Number System, Decimal & Fractions, Whole Numbers, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Averages, Simple Interest, Profit & Loss, Mensuration, Tables & Graphs, Time and Distance respectively.

The duration on the exam will be 2 hours. The notification will be in the month of January and exam will be in the month of April or May.

Preparation Tips:

Self-assessment is an important part in preparation. Practice as many mock test as possible. Plan your studies at least 2 months prior to exam. As a prospective management trainee, you will be tested with few behavioral questions on handling few hard situations. You will be expected to perform in more than one area of interest. Concentrate more on soft skills.

Any problem can be attempted in number of ways. So being inventive and spontaneous also helps to reach the correct option quickly. You should have done sufficient study/discussion, so that moment you start reading the question you should have an instinct on whether you can solve it. You should avoid thought of losing which can cause loss of attentiveness and low performance. Have some good time and relax before the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?