22nd March 2015, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BCA if completed 12th Arts with Mathematics?

Hello everyone,
I had passed 12th in Arts with 61% and
I want to know that can I study BCA?
I have Mathematics in my 12th.
Kindly let me know immediately.

27th March 2015, 09:46 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BCA if completed 12th Arts with Mathematics?

Yes, you can join in BCA course, even if you have completed your 12th standard in Arts stream. As per BCA eligibility criteria of most of universities, candidates who have completed their 12th standard in any stream are eligible to join in BCA course. So, you can definitely apply for admission in BCA course.
27th March 2015, 10:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
I had passed 12th in Arts with 61% and
I want to know that can I study BCA?
I have Mathematics in my 12th.
Kindly let me know immediately.
Yes, you are eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.

List of good BCA college in Kerala:-

1.Amrita Centre for Nano Sciences ,Kerala
2.Nirmala College,Kerala
3.Rajitlal Institute of Technology and Health Sciences,Kerala
4.B.V.M Holy Cross College, Kerala
5.Chinmaya Arts and Science College for Women, Kerala
6.Jaibharath Arts and Science College Kerala
7.Marian College, Kerala
8.SNGM Arts and Science college, Kerala.
29th March 2015, 05:11 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes, Of cause you can join BCA Course after your 12th standard. Basically requirement for BCA Course is that a candidate must passed 12th standard in any stream from any recognize board either it is a State Board or it is a National/Central Board.

Minimum age for joining this course is 17 years. As you are fulfilling their all requirements and also you are willing to join this course then go ahead and fill form to join this course.
30th March 2015, 08:35 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Definitely yes you are eligible for BCA - Bachelor of computer Application , It is a 3 years course,
Main eligibility criteria is you must passed 12th standard , from any recognized board , 12 stream Doesn't matters in BCA
so as you mention that you have maths in 12th class so , its easy to study ,maths in BCA 1st semester and 2nd semester
It is a good option , m also a BCA student ,After BCA you have so many options and your future is definitely bright in this stream
30th March 2015, 03:00 PM
SmilyRishu

Hello Sir,

Here i am going to provide you eligibility criteria for getting admission in the BCA.
If you are fulfilling all the criteria then you are definitely got admission in the BCA in any of the college.

** You must have qualified your secondary education with a minimum of 50 percent marks.

** Your age must not be less than 17 years.

** Your age must not be greater than 30 years.

Thank You.
30th March 2015, 04:03 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Dear Friend

Yes you are eligible to do the BCA course after your 12th class with the math subject. Most of the universities are demanding to eligible those students who have passed 12th class with math subject and with 50% marks and you fulfill this eligibility criteria.
Now the admissions are open for the session 2015-16 if you are interested then you can apply for the college/university in which you are interested to take admission. Some universities are also conducting the entrance exam for admission so you should also take care about that.
One more thing I will suggest you that check the affiliation of the college/institute in which you are seeking admission and also visit the campus and check the computer lab (which is very necessary for the BCA students), meet the faculty members, senior studnets and know more about the BCA course.

Why you should do BCA?
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is a three year degree program. Those students who are interested in the computer related things or computer language programming (C, C++, java etc.) can take admission in this course.

Career after BCA course
After BCA you can make your career in the following fields-
• Hardware
• Software
• Networking
• Programming
• Website designing/development
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?