9th May 2015, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

Entrance exams to be given for doing PhD in Computer Science related subjects?

I have completed my mca in 2012 and i want to do phd now from best institute with computer science subject.i want to know about the enterance exams for phd.can we do it through NET exam?and i also needs syllabus for the enterance exam.

11th May 2015, 09:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exams to be given for doing PhD in Computer Science related subjects?

If you have got MCA qualification with at least 55% marks then you are eligible for Ph.D admission. For admission in top most Institutes/Universities you have to qualify exams like NET/SLET/JRF/GATE for Ph.D admission. If you have any one of these scores then you don't have to appear for any other Ph.D entrance exam in India.

Most of the entrance exam will have syllabus related to your Master's degree subjects. Also, your research aptitude will be tested in the entrance exam. You can go through the syllabus of CSIR NET or GATE syllabus for Computer Science subjects. The syllabus is almost same in most of the entrance exam.
12th May 2015, 07:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exams to be given for doing PhD in Computer Science related subjects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my mca in 2012 and i want to do phd now from best institute with computer science subject.i want to know about the enterance exams for phd.can we do it through NET exam?and i also needs syllabus for the enterance exam.
You have completed MCA degree so you are eligible for Ph.D in computer science through UGC NET score.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Marks distribution for each papers of NET Exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)

I have attached the syllabus for UGC NET exam for computer science subject so please check it out.

For more details about NET exam click on the official link http://www.ugc.ac.in
Attached Files
File Type: doc NET Computer science syllabus.doc(68.0 KB, 67 views)
25th April 2016, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my MSc in comp science in 2013,and now I want to do PhD in comp sci subjects ,please send me the details of universities on my email Id manuarora8361 @gmail.com
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?