1st April 2015, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Entrance exam to study PhD in Computer Science for M.Tech student?

Friends,
I am studying M.Tech in Computer Science. I want to do PhD in Computer Science. So, what is the entrance exam for doing PhD in Computer Science? Please let me know about the entrance exam.
Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Do I need to be GATE qualified to apply for PhD(Computer Science) entrance test of Anna University?
  2. In which entrance exam I have to appear for study PhD in Computer Science? When the notification of this entrance exam will be published?
  3. Procedure to apply for Distance PhD(Computer Science) for M.Tech(CSE) student?
  4. PhD entrance question paper for computer science
  5. Is it possible for me to do PhD in Computer Science or Information Technology?
  6. Entrance exam to study PhD in Computer Science at Oxford University?
  7. Syllabus for PhD(Computer Science) entrance test of University of Hyderabad?
  8. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
  9. For which subject I should apply for Ph.D entrance exam if completed M.Sc in Computer Science? Reference books for preparation?
  10. List of colleges for doing M.Sc. and M.Phil. in computer science? Can I do Ph.D. just after B.Sc. in computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Entrance exams to do PhD in Political Science
  12. How to do Ph.D in computer science after completing MCA?
  13. Procedure to study PhD in Computer Science for MCA 2nd semester student?
  14. Ph.D entrance computer science study material for Osmania University? Books to be referred?
  15. How to prepare for PGCET entrance exam? Where to get the study material for computer science and engineering
  16. When the entrance exam of Ph.D in Computer Science and Operational Research will be held?
  17. When will the notification be released by JNTU for Ph.D course? What syllabus should I prepare for the Entrance Exam? List of top Universities to join Ph.D course?
  18. Can I do PhD if secured 56% in B.Sc and 53.9% in M.Sc(Computer Science)?
4th April 2015, 05:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam to study PhD in Computer Science for M.Tech student?

Most of the top Universities in India will ask for NET/GATE/SLET/JRF scores for giving admission in Ph.D program. Therefore, the minimum criteria is 55% marks in your Master's degree and then any one of these scores. For reserved category candidates there is relaxation of 5% marks.

If you don't have any of these score then you can apply for other entrance exams like CUCET 2015, PET 2015 and other state level Ph.D entrance exam which are conducted by various Universities across India.
7th April 2015, 02:02 AM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Default Re: Entrance exam to study PhD in Computer Science for M.Tech student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends,
I am studying M.Tech in Computer Science. I want to do PhD in Computer Science. So, what is the entrance exam for doing PhD in Computer Science? Please let me know about the entrance exam.
Waiting for your reply.
Qualifications required to apply for Ph.D:-

>>The educational qualification required for Ph.D is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.
Final year candidates can also apply for this examination.

>>There is no age criteria for Ph.D.

To do Ph.D in CS at top research centers in India, you must have either of the following score cards.

NET
SLET
GATE
JRF

etc.,

To do Ph.D at IITs, you must have good merit in GATE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?