27th August 2015, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

What are the qualifications required for doing Ph.D?

I want to do phd but i want details that for doing phd what qualifications we should have? Can you please give me the details on the basic steps which we need to follow for the same? It would be really helpful if you can answer me soon!

27th August 2015, 03:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the qualifications required for doing Ph.D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do phd but i want details that for doing phd what qualifications we should have? Can you please give me the details on the basic steps which we need to follow for the same? It would be really helpful if you can answer me soon!
Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

If you have completed masters degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

You must have valid UGC NET, CSIR NET score card.

There is no age criteria.
29th August 2015, 03:17 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to apply for Ph.D you need to have the following below mentioned degrees/Documents;

> PG qualification with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.

> Candidates who have got NET/SLET/JRF/GATE exam qualification will be however, entitled for direct interview without appearing for any entrance examination.

However, most of the Institutes conducts their own entrance examination in order to allow admission to candidates for Ph.D course, therefore if you do not have the above mentioned examinations score, you will probably have to appear for the entrance examination of the prospective Institute.

After having scored well in your entrance examination with good marks, you will be probably called for an Interview for admission.
21st January 2016, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

i have done BA and than LLB total year 12 3 for BA and then 3 years LLB am i qualified to get admission for Phd.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?