21st November 2015, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Can a gap between Graduation affect my career?

Hi, i am pursuing degree 1st year b.com computers. But i am not satisfied with this course. So i am planning to join in another course. Will this gap affect my studies. Please reply.

21st November 2015, 06:44 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a gap between Graduation affect my career?

No, it will not affect much if you are interested in the course to make a gap year.

As,candidates need to purse the course in which they have interest as you need to do well in it. Just studying without the interest in it like waste of time and you are getting nothing as an outcome.

So, if you have no interest in the B.Com you are eligible to change the course and it will not affect much to the resume if you are not interested in the private jobs.
22nd November 2015, 12:51 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, i am pursuing degree 1st year b.com computers. But i am not satisfied with this course. So i am planning to join in another course. Will this gap affect my studies. Please reply.
It is based on the Company which you choose to apply for a Job. If you are interested to apply for MNC Companies like TCS. CTS etc, then you didn't any Gap between your studies. Most of companies which accept the Gap between studies however, it is mandatory that you show the valid the reason for gap.
22nd November 2015, 02:18 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, it will not affect your career a lot, it's just that you will now have to study really hard as many companies or you can say almost all of them do look for candidates with no year gap, but in any cases they do employ candidates with 1 or 2 years of gap if their education standard is quite good.

therefore, you just concentrate on your studies now and do not worry about anything now, as it will only make things complicated for you.
23rd November 2015, 11:45 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

I am happy to say you that it will not effect that much in your career, all you need to do is that just concentrate on your studies well and try to score good marks because many of the companies are looking for candidates with no year gap. But in these cases candidates with good percentage of marks can overcome the situation with their good marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?