31st January 2016, 02:38 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of diploma course?

Can I appear for IIT exams after my diploma course. i would like to do engg after diploma? What is the minimum criteria required to apply for IIT? Can someone please provide me the information on the same as soon as possible?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
31st January 2016, 08:28 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of diploma course?

No, you are not eligible to appear in IIT examination after completion of your three years Diploma course because, IIT's does not offer Lateral Entry admissions in B.E/B.Tech course. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in IIT examination. So, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in IIT examination.
31st January 2016, 12:56 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No,candidates with diploma degree are not eligible to get admission in IIT.

To get admission in IIT candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages of JEE examination.

But, you are not eligible to appear for JEE examination. So, you are not eligible for admission, but you can pursue B.tech through LEET examination.
31st January 2016, 03:49 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

1. Diploma candidates are not eligible for admission in bachelor of technology in Indian Institute of Technology as they can only apply for Joint Entrance Exam Main for admission in NIT and other government engineering.

2. Second option for you to get admission in second year of engineering is through Lateral Entry Entrance test.
31st January 2016, 07:05 PM
Chocolate_boy

You can't get admission in IIT after completion of diploma.

Only 10+2 passed students are eligible for IIT & diploma is not equivalent to 10+2.
Also IIT doesn't offers lateral entry admissions to B.Tech.

So, you can't get admission in IIT but you can get admission in another university.
31st January 2016, 07:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue bachelor's degree in engineering after diploma. However, you must know that diploma candidates are not eligible for JEE Advanced exam even when they clear Joint Entrance Exam Main.

So, you can pursue Bachelor's degree in engineering from colleges like NITs, IIITs, government engineering etc but not eligible for admission in IIT for B.Tech.

Other than JEE Main, you can apply for state technical universities exam called Lateral Entry Entrance Test. This exam gives you opportunity to get direct admission in second year of engineering. For LEET, a candidate must have scored at least 60% marks in diploma.
31st January 2016, 07:14 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and it is India's best university for technical courses.

Candidate with diploma degree are not eligible to appear for JEE examination and hence not eligible to get admission in IIT.

As to appear for JEE examination the required eligibility is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board.

JEE examination is conducted in two stages and candidates after qualifying in both stages are eligible for admission in IIT.
31st January 2016, 11:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I appear for IIT exams after my diploma course. i would like to do engg after diploma? What is the minimum criteria required to apply for IIT? Can someone please provide me the information on the same as soon as possible?

Thanks!
Yes, diploma candidate are eligible for IIT entrance exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT entrance exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
31st January 2016, 11:54 PM
Chocolate_boy

No.
You can not join IIT after diploma.

Only 12th passed students are eligible for JEE entrance examination which is conducted by IIT & diploma is not equivalent to 12th.
Also IIT doesn't offers lateral entry admissions to B.Tech.
So, you can't get admission in IIT but you can get admission in another university.
1st February 2016, 12:24 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required to appear in joint entrance examination mains and advanced is 12th or equivalent examination from recognised board or University with non medical stream with at least 50% marks.
Minimum age is 17 and maximum is 25 year whereas relaxation is provided to reserved categories as per government rules.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?