15th June 2016, 03:56 PM
ekm_fresher

Which is better IT at TCS or ITIS at CTS for a fresher?

I am an electronic engineer with good communication skills Please help me choose the right career between the TCS and CTS as i am a fresher.

Related Questions:
  1. Which domain is better for a fresher between Software Testing Domain in CTS and ITIS(Networking) in TCS?
  2. Should I go for CTS or ITIS domain?
  3. Detailed information about ITIS & ITS of Cognizant Technology Solutions?
  4. What has a better scope in future between ITIS and IT
  5. What is the salary package for freshers in CTS?
  6. How may I get information about postal recruitment? When will exam be held for the same?
  7. How to get admission in MSc Zoology in Maharashtra? How to get notifications? Percentage required to get a seat in universities?
  8. How to do salary negotiation between two companies if I am a experienced candidate?
  9. Is it possible to get placed in TCS, CTS or Infosys before completion of my mechanical engineering course?
  10. Can I get job in TCS, CTS, Infosys and Capgemini if having 2 years gap after 12th? Percentage calculation in CTS and TCS?
  11. What kind of Aptitude test is organized in CTS off-campus drive for B.Tech fresher?
  12. Job opportunities in CTS for B.Tech(ECE) fresher?
  13. Which is better between TCS and Syntel? Will the growth be similar in both the companies? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What kind of job is offered in TCS to B.Tech fresher? Company profile of TCS?
  15. What is the eligibility for Wipro, Satyam, TCS and any other IT companies to apply for job?
  16. Am I eligible to join MNCs like TCS, CTS and HP if cleared all the 4 backlogs in MCA?
  17. When Off campusing begins for MNCs?
  18. Do TCS increases the pay of a candidate who is looking to migrate to another company? Which is better between Switching Techonology, Forcible Transfer, On-Site Opportunity and Appraisal?
15th June 2016, 08:01 PM
monu2681992

Default Re: Which is better IT at TCS or ITIS at CTS for a fresher?

Being an electronic engineer, i will suggest you to go with the core company of your domain only and not with the software company.

As software companies are always available for you as they are much in number but your core company will not ab always available to you.
Once you missed your company the after that it will take a lot of time to make yourself ready for the company.

So, keep on trying for the core company again and again until you get it.
And if then also you are willing to join any of the software company, then i will suggest you to go with CTS.
15th June 2016, 08:40 PM
samsung1992

If you are having a good communication skill than i will suggest you to better be a speaker rather than any software engineer.

Because, you should use your talent where, it needs to be applies. Being an engineer you need following qualities.

1. Technical skills.
2. Interpersonal Skills.
3. Programming language.
4. communication skills.

Only communication skill will not help you out there.
16th June 2016, 12:15 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Both TCS and CTS are very good companies in the field of IT services. Both are growing at a good rate and you can opt for any one of them to start your career; it will be more or less same. You should analyze the below factors and then take a decision.

- Package offered by both. Usually TCS is better at this point.
- Your future goals and aspirations.
- TCS offers 9 hours of work per day while CTS has it as 8 hours.
- There is no compulsion of wearing formals in CTS.
- TCS is located across the country while CTS is not. Hence you can opt for home location or location near your home if you opt for TCS.
- Training facility is better in CTS than TCS.
16th June 2016, 11:52 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekm_fresher View Post
I am an electronic engineer with good communication skills Please help me choose the right career between the TCS and CTS as i am a fresher.
For a fresher you can choose TCS over CTS. The TCS has more branches than CTS, so you can get the chance of office near your home. The onsite chances are more in TCS. The stress might be less in TCS when compared to CTS. The benefits given by TCS are higher than any other company. The stability is good in TCS. The salary package might be slightly differing. Regarding bonus both the companies give good bonus. So you can choose TCS to work as fresher.
26th August 2016, 12:08 AM
HERE2HELP
Member+

As you are a fresher you should definitely go for TCS. TCS is a very good platform for freshers. There is a lot of learning opportunities there. Pressure will always be there, but if you can be a part of development your future is going to be more secured. After few years if you feel you are not good in that, you can always stitch into some other domain.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?