25th January 2019, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I study PhD(Mathematics) after completing MEd?

Hi friends, I am studying MEd with the specialization of Mathematics. I would like to know that I can eligible to do PhD in Mathematics after my this MEd course? Kindly tell me immediately.

31st January 2019, 05:13 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study PhD(Mathematics) after completing MEd?

Eligibility to pursue PhD Mathematics:

The candidate must have completed M.Sc Degree in Mathematics or Physical Sciences, with atleast 55% marks from recognised University.

Admission process: Entrance Test and Interview.

Being M. Ed degree holder you are not eligible to pursue PhD Mathematics.
31st January 2019, 06:28 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study PhD in mathematics after completing M.Ed.
Those candidates who have completed their masters degree with the least 55% marks from recognised University are eligible for PhD course.
But you have to qualify UGC NET exam.
2nd February 2019, 04:16 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi friends, I am studying MEd with the specialization of Mathematics. I would like to know that I can eligible to do PhD in Mathematics after my this MEd course? Kindly tell me immediately.

Sorry, you are not eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after completion of the Master of Education (MEd) course. Eligibility to study PhD in Mathematics is a pass in Master’s Degree in Mathematics or its equivalent with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade point average from a recognized. You can pursue PhD in Education after completion of the Master of Education course. You have to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the admission to study PhD in Education.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?