5th July 2010, 10:06 PM
watson

Steps to be taken for preparing civil services exams after completion of btech

what are the steps to be taken for preparing civils after completion of btech..i mean what are rules..what is the manner to be followed for writing civils entrance exam..??

Related Questions:
  1. Study material for preparation for GATE exam? Any free online test series?
  2. Which examinations can a B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering student appear if presently preparing for Civil Services?
  3. Which is better to study among B.Sc and B.Tech for 12th Science student? -- [New]
  4. Which types of books should be referred for Maths in IAS exam?
  5. Am I eligible for Civil Services exam if I am 28 years old(ST/ST)? How should I go about preparing for the exam?
  6. What should I do to prepare for Civil Services Exam along with my studies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B-Pharmacy? How to prepare for General Knowledge, Current Affairs and other topics for Civil Services Exam?
  7. cbi (central bureau of investigation) exam details? cretieria? how to apply? forms? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What preparation I need to have for Civil Services having completed B.Com?
  9. How to prepare for Civil Services Exam?
  10. What are the further studies options after Diploma in Electrical Engineering other than B.Tech?
  11. Can I give UPSC exam after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  12. What are the steps to be followed to pursue Civil Services Exam? Which two optional subjects should I choose if I am from B.E ECE branch?
  13. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 3rd semester?
  14. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 3rd semester?
  15. How to prepare for UPSC, SSC and Civil Services Exams after completion of Graduation in BPT?
  16. Details about Civil services exams? How may I get study materials and coaching? List of books considered important for preparation
  17. Any possibility to get a job in Civil Services or Defence services after passing B.Tech in ETC?
  18. Detailed Information regarding Civil Services Exam?
6th July 2010, 06:03 PM
Kushagra Makin

Default Re: Steps to be taken for preparing civil services exams after completion of btech

you will have to keep in touch with current affairs and whenever you should get time you should work hard in the subjects you have chosen to appear in.
6th July 2010, 07:27 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Steps to be taken for preparing civil services exams after completion of btech

Hi,

There are no rules. Only a set of procedures to be followed.

First, Check for the UPSC exam notification which comes in Employment News in the month of December.

Get the application form for UPSC CSE priliminary Examination which will be made available in the month of January In all preferred centers stated in the Employment news.

Apply within the last date of application which will be mostly before 4th of febuary.

UPSC CSE prilims exam will happen in the month of may.

After clearing Prilims, You will get the applicaiotn sent by UPSC themselves. Apply back.
Main exam in month of november.

Clearing Main exam, personality test in the month of march or april.

That's all. done.
For details on syllabi and other exact dates, Check UPSC website.

All the best.
6th July 2010, 09:26 PM
NISAMTI

Default Re: Steps to be taken for preparing civil services exams after completion of btech

the minimum qualification is you must complete your graduation..so,you are eligible for writing civils...it is the open competition through out india...there are no special rules..the only rule is you must be graduation holder..any degree..i suggest you to take coaching in institutes like superwhizz in andhra..
7th July 2010, 12:33 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

You have to apply for the IES exam which is engineering civil services exam,conducted by the UPSC every year.

Generally the notifications of civil service exams are given in the Daily newspapers or Employeement news in the month of December each year.

You can find the application forms along with prospectus in the designated post offices all over India.

This exam consists of three stages: Preliminary round, Mains round and finally the Interview round.

For more details about the exam and related topics please visit:
www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
7th July 2010, 09:36 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
After completion of BTech, you will be eligible to write the civil service exam.
The examination is divided into two stages
1.Preliminary exam
2.Main exam

In Preliminary exam, there are two papers including one optional paper.
You will need to clear the Preliminary exam to qualify for the Main exam.

You may prepare in the following way to crack the exam.

First of all, the optional subjects must be selected on the basis of your expertise.
Try to read books written by as many author as possible and keep revising them.
Keep yourself updated about the patterns of the questions and current affairs.
20th August 2010, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

hi im studying degree 2nd year,im much intrested in groups. iwant to write groups but i dont no about
groups. after completing degree how i to proced for this exam? first what exam i need to write and how to prepar for it. pleas pleas give me information about groups exam. realy i want to write and pass this
exam. my dad and mum had more hopes on me. what i should do after degree and how i to proced for
thankq...! give me information pleas.
2nd January 2011, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

hi,,,, iam studying b.tech 3rd year in the electronics branch,, iam very much interested in doing the civils services,, so please give me suggestions the best coaching instituions and and the related books which i have to face the examination,,

giri venkata narendra reddy
tanuku
west godavari
19th January 2011, 07:45 PM
Maxsteel

For giving exam of Civils one must br graduate. As you are a B.tech Degree holder I will suggest you that youshould give exam of IES not IAS because IES will be justufication for your degree.

As you have asked about IAS, start reading Editorials of The Hindu from today onwards if you are serious about it. Keep a tight hold on current affairs. & read magines like Pratiyogita Darpan etc. It will help you in your Basics & join Some good coaching.
7th February 2011, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects we can choose for prilims
2nd March 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

Hi,i m dng b.tech 3rd year infrmtn technology..kindly tel me on which basis should i choose d subjects ..hw much time wud it take 2 get prepard fr civil services?
20th May 2011, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

how to join in air force after b.tech?
13th December 2011, 03:41 PM
charles pinny

Arrow Re: Steps to be taken for preparing civil services exams after completion of btech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,i m dng b.tech 3rd year infrmtn technology..kindly tel me on which basis should i choose d subjects ..hw much time wud it take 2 get prepard fr civil services?
my suggestion is to select the subject you really interested on it ,every one having interests on different subjects, first identify your interest is related to which subject from the subject list.

now you re doing third year ,you main focus turn towards your academic subjects first , in the mean while you can join any one good ias coaching centre near to your place.
Because if you start preparing from now onwards means you can attend UPSC exam at instant year after you have finshing your B.Tech, otherwisee you have to spend again atleast one year to prepare yourself.
6th September 2012, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

what are the basic steps should be taken before staring civils preparatoin?? like reading paper and 2books can i get some suggestions
13th February 2013, 10:43 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

Hello friend,

You have to apply for the IES exam which is engineering civil services exam,conducted by the UPSC every year.

Generally the notifications of civil service exams are given in the Daily newspapers or Employeement news in the month of December each year.

You can find the application forms along with prospectus in the designated post offices all over India.

This exam consists of three stages: Preliminary round, Mains round and finally the Interview round.

For more details about the exam and related topics please visit:
www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?