24th October 2019, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study BCom(H) being a Diploma CSE holder on 10th basis?

Hi everyone, I have done Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering course from WBSCTE. I haven't done Higher Secondary. I did Polytechnic Diploma right after my 10th. Now, I want to study BCom(H). So, I want to know about the eligibility criteria for me to do this BCom(H) course.

29th October 2019, 03:56 PM
EduXpert

Default Re: Am I eligible to study BCom(H) being a Diploma CSE holder on 10th basis?

No, you can not apply for BCom (H) admission on the basis of Diploma in CSE stream. It is not the right qualification for commerce graduation. You need to have class 12th qualification with commerce stream from a recognised board of education.

Admission will be on merit which is based on class 12th marks in commerce stream. Diploma in CSE stream is nowhere related to the commerce stream.
31st May 2023, 08:18 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible to study BCom(H) being a Diploma CSE holder on 10th basis?

Yes, in most cases, you are eligible to pursue a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) Honours degree even if you hold a diploma in Computer Science Engineering (CSE) based on a 10th-grade education.

Typically, BCom(H) programs do not have strict subject-specific eligibility criteria. They generally require applicants to have completed their 10+2 education from a recognized board or have an equivalent qualification. As long as you meet the basic eligibility requirements for admission into a BCom(H) program, such as passing the 10+2 examination, you should be eligible to apply.

However, it's important to note that admission criteria may vary among different universities and institutions. It's recommended to check the specific eligibility requirements and admission criteria of the university or college where you plan to pursue the BCom(H) program. They may have additional requirements or preferences, such as specific subject combinations or minimum grades, which you should take into consideration before applying.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?