2nd July 2016, 01:47 AM
jitenmajhi3

Can I study BCA being a Diploma Mechanical holder on 10th basis? How to study?

Hello Everyone,
I have completed my 10th and after that I did Diploma in Mechanical Engineering branch. Now I have an interest in BCA. I want to study BCA course. Kindly tell me can I eligible for studying BCA? If yes, then tell me how?

3rd July 2016, 01:25 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BCA being a Diploma Mechanical holder on 10th basis? How to study?

No, you are not eligible to study BCA course on 10th basis being a Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering.

To be eligible to pursue BCA course, the candidate must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics as one of the subjects from a recognised board. Diploma holders are not eligible to get admission for pursuing BCA course.

So, if you are interested to study BCA course, you must have to pursue 12th standard and then, you are eligible to study BCA course.
3rd July 2016, 06:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BCA being a Diploma Mechanical holder on 10th basis? How to study?

For admission in BCA diploma holders are surely eligible if it is of 3 years duration after 10th standard. You will be eligible for lateral entry into second year through entrance exam.
Just be prepared for the entrance exam and secure an excellent rank. You will be allotted college based on the rank you have got.
3rd July 2016, 09:31 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. It is a three-year Undergraduate degree course in the field of Computer Applications. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or equivalent in any stream from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue BCA course.

Most of the colleges offer admissions in BCA course directly on basis of 12th standard board examination marks. Some top reputed colleges/ universities conducts an entrance examination to find merit candidates for offering admission in BCA course in their Institutes.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you have pursued Diploma course after completion of your 10th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing BCA course.
4th July 2016, 08:56 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say you that you are not eligible to study BCA on the basis of class 10th qualification.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognised Board with Mathematics as a subject and scored a minimum of 50% of marks are eligible to opt BCA course. So, you must complete your class 12th first.
21st June 2020, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

I completed diploma in ceramics engineering for three years after 10th basis, can I study BCA by correspondence
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?