3rd August 2011, 08:29 PM
Rashmiraniamar

How to do MBA abroad with 100% scholarship after pursuing B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation?

hello Sir
I am pursuing my B.Tech course in ELectronics and Instrumentation in bhubaneswar.I am in final year and after competing my b.tech i wish to do M.B.A abroad with 100% scholarship.Pls suggest me some good universities which offer scholarship and how can i apply for them.

Related Questions:
31st October 2016, 09:54 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to do MBA abroad with 100% scholarship after pursuing B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation?

MBA stands for Masters of Business Administration. There is no doubt that it is one of the most sought after courses these days. In fact, a majority of the students that are doing/done with their engineering are now focussing towards their post graduation in the form of MBA. Here is a brief:

Basic Eligibility Criteria:

1. To do an MBA / PGDM, you should be a minimum graduate from any of the recognised universities in India (even abroad).

2. There should be minimum 60% marks that you have to score in your graduation to become eligible for the good MBA colleges. Needless to say, this is only the minimum requirement, however the top colleges always prefer toppers and students who have been really good and consistent in their academics.

Note - So as per your query, yes after B.Tech you would be eligible for MBA from abroad.

3. There is NO age limit to do MBA.

Now in India, the process usually says that you have to sit for the national entrance exams such as CAT, MAT, NMAT, SNAP, XAT, etc and then through them you have to crack the GD/PI rounds of colleges and take admission in them.

However, when it comes to taking admission in the business schools that are situated outside India, the process is little different. Here is a general brief:

1. You must have having a valid password.

2. You have to sit for an exam - GMAT - Global Management Admission Test which is conducted by GMAC. It is an entry to many of the business schools that are outside India.

3. Ensure that you score the highest possible in that so that your chances of getting admission remains high. You need to get in touch with your desired college and apply to them with your obtained GMAT score.

4. Further rounds are different for different colleges and so it would be too early to comment on the same. I would recommend studying the following for your GMAT:

a. Quantitative Aptitude
b. Verbal
c. Data Interpretation
d. Logical Reasoning

As far as the question of scholarship goes, there are a few colleges that give scholarships but upto 100% or not remains to be seen as it has a lot of factors involved such as:

If you have been a 90% plus throughout your academic career
If you have topped your state board ever
If you have won any olympiad competitions in your career etc.

Thus, even for the scholarships it depends on a lot of factors but I would say score the maximum in your GMAT and it may open up some luck for you if you already do not have many of the above stringent general criteria's to become eligible for scholarships.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?