6th September 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?

i am studying my btech 2nd year can i apply for ies exam.
i want to crack ies exam and want to get government job.

Related Questions:
  1. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  3. Can I apply for IES exam while pursuing chemical engineering from UICET 1st year?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course? What will be the salary offered for an IES Officer?
  5. Guidance to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of EEE course? -- [New]
  6. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  7. Career opportunities in Public Sector for me being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in Mechanical? Information regarding IES Exam?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of BE course?
  9. Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?
  10. How to apply for KCET Exam being a candidate pursuing Intermediate 2nd year of Bi. P.C?
  11. Can I apply for SBI PO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year BCA? When will I be able to apply for this Exam?
  12. Can I sit for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year with Computer Science stream?
  13. Is it a good choice for me to join Coaching for PSU or IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech course?
  14. Can I apply for NET Exam for HR or Economics being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of MBA course?
  15. How to apply for summer internship after pursuing 2nd year B.Tech Bioinformatics from VIT university
  16. How to apply for summer internship at ONGC being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech?
  17. How can I prepare for IES exam after passing 2nd year? When to apply for it?
  18. Can I give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech with CSE? How to prepare for this Exam?
6th September 2011, 03:41 PM
sanju38121

Default Re: Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?

Sorry, sir cannot apply for the IES entrance exam the minimum qualification for IES exam is graduation in the engineering streams.

For more details please check
www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
6th September 2011, 04:55 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?

As of now you are not eligible to apply. You should be atleast 21 years old at the time of applying. You can apply when you reach the final year of engineering. But you should have the marksheet by the time of the result. So if you want to clear this exam you should start preparing immediately. Join any training institute if required.
6th September 2011, 05:09 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

hello friend,

Sorry , you are not eligible for IES exam now,

For preparation i am providing you the syllabus of the IES ,
go through the syllabus , you ll get the basic idea of it ..
then collect your syllabus and do your preparation .....

good luck~~~`
6th September 2011, 05:54 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am studying my btech 2nd year can i apply for ies exam. i want to crack ies exam and want to get government job.
Information Regarding IES Examination.

IES Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in every year. To appear in the IES examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = To appear in the IES examination you need the bachelor degree in any one of the following branch. The final year candidates of the below given branch are eligible to apply for the IES examination.
->Electronics & Communication Engineering.
->Electrical Engineering.
->Civil Engineering.
->Mechanical Engineering.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

NOTE :- The Computer Science and Information Technology branch are not eligible for the IES examination.

As per your question if you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IES examination in the final year or after passing the B.Tech course.

For any more information about IES examination please visit the official website of the UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
6th September 2011, 06:40 PM
vijendradutt

To appear in the IES examination you must be having a bachelor degree in any one of the following branch. The final year candidates of apply for the IES examination.Electronics & Communication Engineering,Electrical Engineering and Civil Engineering are eligible to apply.

As you are in second year you have to complete your final year for this,

Thankyou................
6th September 2011, 08:20 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

See dear at first please complete your B.Tech degree with concentration and then apply for IES(Indian Engineering Service)examination.IES examination is organized by UPSC(Union Public Service Commition).
The official website of UPSC is given below...

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
good day.
6th September 2011, 08:36 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Now you are not eligible for Indian Engineering Service exam as your in still in 2nd year.You can appear for Indian Engineering service after completing/in final year of Engineering course.Below mentioned complete information about Indian Engineering Service examination.

Indian Engineering Service exam is conducted by upsc every year once.This exam is conducted to intake qualified engineers for Government sector in different departments.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Engineering Service exam:
Education qualification:
Candidate should minimum graduation degree in Engineering from a Mechanical/Civil/Electric Stream.
Age limit:
Age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Indian Engineering Service exam notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 25th Feb 2012 to 24th March 2012.
Exam will held on 15th June 2012.

For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 106 views)
6th September 2011, 10:10 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

The eligibility for IES examination is

1. you need a bachelor degree
2. age must be between 21 and 30 years for general candidates

Exam is conducted by upsc

Exam will be on june 2012

Notification on February 2o12

Prepare well
6th September 2011, 10:17 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Sorry , U are not eligible for IES for now !
U can apply for the same after the completion of Btech .

For any more information about IES examination please visit the official website of the UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th September 2011, 11:07 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
IES exam is a civil service exam , which is conducted by UPSC every year..

Eligibility for IES exam:-
*The candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering field.
*The candidate should not have any due backlogs during graduation..

Age eligibility:-
*The candidates age should be in between 21-30 years..
Foe SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

As you are in 2nd year of B.tech course, then you can appear in IES exam, when you will be in the final year of B.tech course..
So, first complete the graduation with a good percentage of marks.
All the best..
7th September 2011, 10:58 AM

Hi.......
sorry to say the minimum qualification for the IES examination should be a graduation in engineering stream....

all the best
21st September 2011, 11:06 AM
saugata2008

Indian Engineering Services exam is conducted by UPSC ,for t6he recruitment of four categories of engineering services civil,mechanical,electronics,electrical .To apply for the exam candidate should have an engineering degree from any recognized university .
That means if you want to apply for the exam you have to complete your graduation first , as a student of 2nd year you can't apply for the exam .

Thank you
21st September 2011, 06:57 PM
dil-jale

sorry friends, you are not eligible for IES exam .because only a final year or completing B.TECH/ graduation candidates are applicable.
it is conducted by UPSE
your age must be between 21 and 30 years for general candidates.
thanks
1st October 2011, 12:23 AM
ANKIT050

Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?

Now you are not eligible for Indian Engineering Service exam as your in still in 2nd year.You can appear for Indian Engineering service after completing/in final year of Engineering course.Below mentioned complete information about Indian Engineering Service examination.

Indian Engineering Service exam is conducted by upsc every year once.This exam is conducted to intake qualified engineers for Government sector in different departments.

Education qualification:
Candidate should minimum graduation degree in Engineering from a Mechanical/Civil/Electric Stream.
Age limit:

Exam will held on 15th June 2012.

For more details,then see this attachment.
21st January 2012, 11:59 AM
KPATHANJALI

Sir,
I need material for preparing for IES, where can I get the same.
Thanks
31st January 2012, 03:06 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am studying my btech 2nd year can i apply for ies exam.
i want to crack ies exam and want to get government job.
HI,
You are not eligible for I.E.S exam. You can apply after passing the engineering course..

You please mention the branch in which you have completed your B.Tech course..

If you pass the graduation under following branch then you are eligible for I.E.S exam:-
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in
GOOD LUCK!
31st January 2012, 06:30 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
no. You can not apply for the IES exam during your second year. The vacancies available in the engineering fields in the government field is filled by the union public service commission.
The eligibility for appearing in the exam is that the aspirant should have either completed bachelor degree in engineering or should be doing final year in engineering. In addition to this you need to have completed a minimum age of 21. And the aspirant can appear if they have not completed 30 years of age. Relaxation is provided as per the category. There is also restriction in the number of attempts one can make which include 4 times for general category aspirant and 7 times for bc and mbc aspirant. But there is no restriction for sc and st aspirants.
The selection procedure for the exam includes written exam and personnel interview. The written exam includes two phase. The section one consist of objective question and section two consist of question form the category for which aspirant are admitted namely civil, mechanical etc.
13th April 2012, 01:12 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
Sorry to say this you are not eligible for the IES exam because the minimum educational qualification is graduation.
But no need to worry about this first of all you have to concentrate on your studies to complete your graduation and then apply IES exam.

Here iam providing you eligibility criteria for the IES exam:

The candidate should be complete graduation from any recognised university.

Final year candidates also eligible to apply IES exam.

Age limits is 21years to 30years.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

For more details visit
www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
19th June 2012, 04:53 PM
venkata prudhviraj

can i apply for the IES entrence exam pursuing B.Tech final year?
23rd September 2013, 09:02 PM
R.S.Parmar

dear friend......

Education qualification:
Age limit:

Exam will held on 15th June 201

thank you.....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?