17th September 2011, 01:19 AM
jai maa shitala

Age criteria for SCRA Exam? Best books to prepare for SCRA Exam? What kind of preparation is required for SCRA Exam?

hello sir i am a student of 11th standard from west bengal board i want to know age limit,criteria(marks),best book for scra examination and what kind of preparation i do from now to achieve top 10 in scra exmination,also is the syllabus of west bengal H.S. match with scra syllabus and the month of examination,please help me out sir.

17th September 2011, 02:40 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Age criteria for SCRA Exam? Best books to prepare for SCRA Exam? What kind of preparation is required for SCRA Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai maa shitala View Post
hello sir i am a student of 11th standard from west bengal board i want to know age limit,criteria(marks),best book for scra examination and what kind of preparation i do from now to achieve top 10 in scra exmination,also is the syllabus of west bengal H.S. match with scra syllabus and the month of examination,please help me out sir.

INFORMATION AND TIPS TO PREPARE FOR SCRA EXAM

I have attached some of the previous year model papers of SCRA exam in this post for your reference.. you can just go through it and find the pattern and questions followed in the exam...

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> The age limit for SCRA exam is as follows....

-> A candidate must have attained the ageof 17 years and must not have attained the age of 21 years on 1st August, 2011, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1990 and not later than
1st August, 1994.

-> I have attached the 2011 SCRA notification file in this post for your reference, just go through it to know all information about the exam....

-> There are many books available in the market which helps you to prepare for SCRA exam.. some of the recommended books are as follows...

SCRA: Special Class Railway Apprentices Entrance Exam Guide
ISBN: 8186332863

Scra Special Class Railway Apprentices
ISBN: 8178120216

The Pearson Guide To The SCRA Examination
ISBN: 8131724921

SCRA Year Long Test Series

SCRA Solved Papers (Special Class Railway Apprentices Exam.)
ISBN: 8183555004

A Guidebook For SCRA Exam 2010 With Solve Papers
ISBN: 8183483755

Pearson Guide To The Scra Examination
ISBN: 8131711781

-> Just put your valuable time in preparation and work hard then for sure you will clear the exam...
Attached Files
File Type: zip SCRA.zip(3.24 MB, 223 views)
File Type: pdf SCRA - 2011 syllabus.pdf(14.4 KB, 308 views)
File Type: pdf SCRA prev. year info..pdf(49.0 KB, 222 views)
File Type: pdf SCRA - 2010 syllabus.pdf(35.0 KB, 182 views)
File Type: pdf scra-2011-notification.pdf(105.4 KB, 253 views)
28th September 2011, 01:19 AM
saugata2008

Default Re: Age criteria for SCRA Exam? Best books to prepare for SCRA Exam? What kind of preparation is required for SCRA Exam?

Eligibility criteria for SCRA exam -

1. Educational qualification = candidate should have passed the 12th with first or second division with Math and at least one among Physics and chemistry .
2.Age limit = Minimum age limit is 17 years .(5 years relaxation for sc/st and 3 years relaxation for OBC)
3.Candidate should be a citizen of India.
4.Candidate must be physically fit .

Books for SCRA exam -

1.SCRA previous solved paper by RPH editorial board .
2.SCRA exam guide by Dr. Datason , Dr. D.R.Chopra ,Dr.V.C.Grag
3.The person guide to the SCRA examination by Edgar Thrope
4.Self study guide by Arihant

The exam is conducted through two tests written test and personality test .
The main subjects for the exam is english and general knowledge .For english follow the basic rules of vocabulary and grammar.For general knowledge read newspaper daily ,focus on Indian politics ,economics ,welfare of India etc.

Thank you
15th November 2011, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Age criteria for SCRA Exam? Best books to prepare for SCRA Exam? What kind of preparation is required for SCRA Exam?

IS THE APPLICATION FORM FOR ALL EXAMINATIONS OF SCRA SAME?????? SUYASH
25th December 2011, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

how many questions attemp to qualify exam for obc category in all paper
30th December 2011, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

which book should be most studied???
26th January 2012, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

I m a student of B.Tech 2nd year & i want to know how should i prepare for SCRA exam & Please tell me best books for this exam specially for Mathematics,G.K. & English & strategy of study to crack out this exam. I will highly oblige you! THANK YOU!
3rd November 2012, 10:51 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Hello Friend,

The Age Criteria for SCRA Exam is mentioned below :

a) General Category : 17-21 years.

b) OBC Category : 17-24 years.

c) SC/ST Category : 17-26 years.

Now the Books that are considered good for the preparation of SCRA Exam are :

The Pearson Guide To SCRA Exam

R.Gupta`s SCRA Exam Guide

Practice Guru - SCRA Test Series

Hope the above mentioned will provide you the information you were searching for.
10th January 2013, 06:04 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

SCRA Stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the SCRA Exam every year for those who want to have a bright future in Indian Railways.

The SCRA Exam is one of the toughest examinations conducted by the UPSC with just 44 seats from all over India.

The Eligibility Criteria for SCRA Examination are :

* you must have passed 12th with PCM from any recognized board.

* You must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in 12th.

* your age must lie in between 17-21 years.

* You must be an Indian.

Those candidates who are selected are sent for 4 years Mechanical Engineering Course in BITS - Pilani .

During these 4 years , the government bears all the necessities of the candidates and in addition gives a stipend of Rs. 9000/- month to the candidate also.

After passing the Engineering Course , the candidate is placed at higher post in Indian Railways.

So , This Examination requires ample study and preparation to be successful.

The Best Books for SCRA Exam Preparation are :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

21st February 2013, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a student of B'tech of 2nd year . i want to know about the reference book of scra examination.
7th September 2013, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I m in b.sc. 1st year what is cutt-off in scra
10th November 2013, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,I'm a B.Sc 3rd year student.I'm interested to appear the SCRA exam.my DOB is 20th March 1993.can i apply 4 d 2014 exam??
2nd June 2014, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

hlleo sir, plz sugest some books for maths and phys ics for scra preparation indepenently?
24th June 2014, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

What is the cut off marks to crack scra 2015.how much student appeared in scratch in2014 and how much vacancies are there
15th September 2014, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

Is ncert books are enough for preparation of organic chemistry in scra exam
3rd February 2015, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I am the student of "IIIT NUZ AP". 'Physical fit test' means what sir and when the notifications are updated.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?