15th May 2015, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information about UPSC SCRA entrance exam? What kind of job I will get after completing SCRA?

Hello everyone,
I am in 12th standard and I want to
apply for UPSC SCRA entrance exam.
Can you please provide me the details of the
entrance exam? Also I want to know that after
completing SCRA what job I can get?

19th May 2015, 12:54 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Detailed information about UPSC SCRA entrance exam? What kind of job I will get after completing SCRA?

SCRA i.e Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by UPSC once in a year for admission to Special Class Apprentice in Mechanical Engineering Dept of Indian Railways. This year examination has been already completed. Next notification will be published in the month of October / November in the official Website of UPSC as well as Employment Newspaper.

Eligibility Criteria:

You should have passed Intermediate or graduation with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination. You must have attained the age of 17 years and must not have attained the age of 21 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. 3 years relaxation is applicable applicable for OBC categories and 5 years relaxation is applicable for SC/ST categories.

Selection Process: Written Examination, Personal Interview followed by Medical Test.

Written Examination Pattern:

General Ability - 200 Marks
Physical Sciences - 200 Marks
Mathematics - 200 Marks

More details, visit the official Website: www.upsc.gov.in
20th May 2015, 12:25 AM
james hettfield
Member+

Default Re: Detailed information about UPSC SCRA entrance exam? What kind of job I will get after completing SCRA?

SCRA is the special class railway apprentices examination.
This is the exam which is been conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).
For appearing in this examination, the eligibility criteria is that you should have passed your senior secondary class with physics and mathematics as your main subjects.
Also, the age limit for appearing in this examination is 17-21 years.
The examination is of 600 marks comprising General ability, mathematics and physics, each of 300 marks.
After clearing this examination, all your education is been given to you by the indian railways and then after completion of the course you are appointed as the senior officer in indian railways
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?