10th January 2012, 09:46 PM
dblackhawk7

What are the government jobs available after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

What are the STATE govt. and CENTRAL govt. jobs that can be applied by a fresher after graduating with Mechanical Engineering from West Bengal in 2012?

Related Questions:
  1. Government jobs with handsome salary for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 4th year student?
  2. Can I get jobs after completing Mechanical engineering with 55%? -- [New]
  3. How to get a government job after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to get a government job after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. How may I get job in top companies? I've completed my 10th with 48.2% , 12th with 59.2% and B.Tech till 7th sem is 60.45% marks
  6. What are the government jobs available after completing B.Tech CSE?
  7. How to go for government job after completing B.E in mechanical engineering?
  8. What is the maximum age for applying for government jobs after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. What are the government jobs available after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. After completing 6 semester mechanical engineering what type of exams can I answer related to government jobs?
  11. How to join government job after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  12. Am I eligible for central government jobs like BHEL, BDL, MIDHANI, NFC and HAL jobs after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. Can I get a government job after completing B.Tech in Mechanical from CMJ university
  14. What should i do after completion of intermediate with MPC stream
  15. Government jobs available for me after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. Am I eligible for government job after passing B.Tech Mechanical with 61.90%? Is GATE score necessary for government jobs?
  17. Which are the government jobs available after completing Mechanical Engineering?
  18. Best government jobs for mechanical engineering candidates?
8th March 2012, 02:55 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the government jobs available after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Mechanical engineering graduates can apply for jobs in some reputed government sector companies. You can apply for jobs in NTPC, SAIL, ISRO, BARC, ONGC etc. The selection will be based on written test followed by a GD and Interview if you get qualified in the test. UPSC and SSC exams are also a good option. By attending these exams, you can apply for jobs in Railways, Defense sector, Civil services etc. If you are interested you can also apply for bank jobs.
28th July 2012, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the government jobs available after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

I m completed btech mechanical from rvd university in distance mode and my age is 33.Am i eligiable for govt job or not if yes where can i eligiable please replay me my email is [email protected]
28th July 2012, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

I m completed btech mechanical from rvd university in distance mode and my age is 33.Am i eligiable for govt job or not if yes where can i eligiable please replay me my email is [email protected]
1st August 2012, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

what are the govt jobs or companies after completed electrical and electronics engineering.. ?
12th September 2012, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

i am studying b.tech in mechanical engineering 3-1 semister ,iam interested to know about how to apply jobs in govt sector
23rd February 2013, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

what are the central govt jobs for a mechanical engineering student?
plz mail me all types of posts and opportunities....my E-mail [email protected]
8th June 2013, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

I am b.tech pass. I know that how are job. Which I can. Apply job in govt
14th September 2013, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

I am B.Tech 3rd year student with 7.9 CGPA in Mechanical engineering.Which job is better for my career after completed my B.Tech.......
14th September 2013, 10:27 PM
Nagara Shankar

There are many governament jobs for mechanical engineering,In order to get this jobs student should have minimum knowledge on their core subjects and good communication skills
Govt.jobs in Mechanical engineering:
NTPC
BHEL
Railways
UPSC
APPSC
...etc
15th September 2013, 10:19 AM
GBCIM

HELLO,

These are the government jobs available after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering,

1.BSNL
2.ONGC
3.IOCL
4.HPCL
5.DRDO
6.BHEL
7.RAILWAY
8.NTPC
9.UPSC
10.HAL.

This should help
thank you..................
15th September 2013, 12:02 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Hello my Dear Friend ...

Mechanical Engineering has a Good scope in the Current Scenario . .. and also in the Near Future

So you will need to Put more effort to get Job easily

You can apply for the various government jobs like

<> NTPC

<> IOCL

<> ONGC

<> HPCL

<> HAL

<> AIRPORT AUTHORITY OF INDIA

<> BHEL

<> BEL

<> TRANSCO

<> GAIL

<> SAIL ...et.c,

ALL THE GOOD LUCK
15th September 2013, 03:06 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Mechanical engineers have government jobs in various sectors.So here I am mentioning some of them
1.BHET
2.NTPC
3.Indian Railways
4.UPSC
5.APPSC
6.IES
7.IAS
8.Bankings
---------------------------------
Good Luck
15th September 2013, 04:35 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for the government jobs through entrance exam called Indian Engineering Service. It is conducted in 4 branches of Engineering by the Union Public Service Commission among which also includes Mechanical Engineering.

Indian Engineering Service is conducted for jobs in various central government departments related to contruction, telecommunications, defence, railways etc. Depending on the stream of yours, you will be given job in certain departments.

The central government departments in which Mechanical Engineers are hired include:-

Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers

Indian Railway Stores Service

Central Water Engineering

Central Power Engineering Service

Indian Ordnance Factories Service

Indian Naval Armament Service

Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers

Indian Navy

Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service

Border Roads Engineering Service

Indian Supply Service

Indian Defence Service of Engineers

Central Engineering Service (Roads)

State Public Welfare Departments

As mentioned earlier, Indian Engineering Service is conducted in 4 branches of Engineering. These branches are:-

Mechanical

Electrical

Civil

Electronics and Communications

IES Eligibility

1. You should be either citizen of India or Nepal.

2. A subject of Bhutan is also eligible.

3. Should have B.Tech degree from recognized college.

4. There is no marks criteria.

5. The lower age limit is 21 years.

6. 30 years is the upper age limit.

7. 33 years is the limit for OBC.

8. While 35 years is the limit for SC and ST.
15th September 2013, 04:52 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.........

Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest branches of engineering. It is also referred to as the ‘mother’ branch of engineering. Another appealing feature of mechanical engineering is that the application base of this field of study is extremely broad and diverse.

Possess certain basic traits:

**First and foremost, you must have a penchant for mechanical components and machinery and how these machines work.

**you must be good at physics, chemistry and mathematics.

**You must also have skills such as an analytical bent of mind, logical reasoning and problem solving.
Further, you must have immense patience, physical strength, ability to work for long hours and an inventive spirit that are essential ingredients for becoming a successful mechanical engineer.

Job Career of the Mechanical Engineer:

Maintenance Superintendant

SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER

Electrical Engineer Manager

Project Coordinator

Project Engineer

Mechanical Design Engineer

Electrical Engineer

HVAC Engineer

Mechanical Engineer/Millwright...

Mechanical Engineer/MillWright...

Project Manager - Engineering and...

HVAC Mechanic

Engineering Manager

Area Manager Terminals

Reliability Engineer - fixed...

Estimator

Thermal Engineer

Account Manager

Field Service Engineer

Mechanical Engineer

Mechanical Engineer

Mechanical Design Engineer

Estimator

Engineering Manager

Civil Designer

Pay Packet

**The average monthly salary of mechanical engineers who are new to this profession is approximately in the range between Rs.10,000 and Rs.25,000.

**Highly skilled mechanical engineers can easily command pay packets as high as Rs 40 to 45 lacs per annum.

**Good campus placements can fetch even better packages for deserving students. Mechanical engineers who hold a post-graduate degree from a reputed academic institute tend to get better offers than diploma and degree holders.

All the best..........
15th September 2013, 08:42 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

list of govt jobs after B.tech Mechanical Engineering :

Bharat sancher nigam limited

National Thermal power corporation

Food corporation of India

bhel

bel

drdo

aai

software companies also offering jobs i.e

Wipro

TCS

CTS

IBM

Intel

google

facebook
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?