10th May 2015, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Best government jobs for mechanical engineering candidates?

Best government job eligible only for B.Tech mechanical engineering and the best sector to be taken in government sector in Pune? Can you please let me know the details on this? I wanted to know about the jobs and apply for the same.

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Information regarding Government Job Opportunities for Mechanical Engineering candidates?
  2. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) female student?
  3. How may I get job in top companies? I've completed my 10th with 48.2% , 12th with 59.2% and B.Tech till 7th sem is 60.45% marks
  4. Government Jobs for Mechanical Engineering graduates with 58% marks in BE -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Details about the entrance exam for government jobs for mechanical engineers?
  6. Job opportunities in Government sector for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  7. Government jobs with handsome salary for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 4th year student?
  8. Difference between Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Specialization in Manufacturing Technology? Can I apply for government jobs?
  9. What are the jobs available in government sector for mechanical engineering candidate?
  10. What kind of jobs are available in Government sector for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?
  11. What kind of job is offered in Government sector for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) female student?
  12. Complete details about IES exam?
  13. How to get a government job after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. How to get a government or a bank job after passing Mechanical Engineering with 81.2%?
  15. Government jobs after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  16. Are there any government jobs available for mechanical engineering students? I am curre
  17. Is there any Government job for Civil Engineering candidates?
  18. Government sector jobs vs Private sector jobs after B.E. in mechanical engineering?
10th May 2015, 10:38 PM
ytiwari6

Default Re: Best government jobs for mechanical engineering candidates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Best government job eligible only for B.Tech mechanical engineering and the best sector to be taken in government sector in Pune? Can you please let me know the details on this? I wanted to know about the jobs and apply for the same.

Thank you!
If you are a Mechanical Engineer, try to look government jobs in Indian Railway and some Public sector companies like NMDC, BHEL etc.
And Indian Army is also a good alternative, It has engineers regiment in which they take Mechanical engineers.
11th May 2015, 12:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thank you!
You can try for IES - Indian Engineering Services exam.
IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

After qualifying IES exam, you can eligible for various post of government.

Indian Railway Service of Engineers ( I R S E)

Indian Railway Service of Mechanical engineers ( I R S M E)

Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers ( I R S S E)

Indian Railway Stores Services

Central Water engineering Services

Central power Engineering Service

Indian Ordnanace factories Service

Assistant Executive Engineer

Indian Naval Armament Service

Military Engineer Service

Central engineering service ( Roads ) Group A

Assistant manager ( Factories ), Department of telec om

Assistant executive Engineer Group A in the corps of E.M.E., Ministry of Defence

Assistant engineer Group B in the corps of E.M.E., Minister of Defence

Indian Supply Service group A , Group B Posts

Indian Inspection Service Group A
11th May 2015, 02:10 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There are many jobs opportunities for a Mechanical Engineer, both in government and Private sector organisation.

However, if you want to apply for jobs in government sector, than below mentioned sectors are essential for you.

A mechanical Engineer an apply for government job in the following sector:

> Indian Forest Services

> Government chemical firms

> Public Works Department

> Public Sector banks

> Indian Railways

> Telegraphs

> Post and Service Commissions, etc.

Some of the popular public sector organizations like ISRO, SAIL, DRDO, ONGC, etc… appoint mechanical engineers for effectively carrying their operations.
8th October 2021, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

being a female mechanical engineer what kind of government job .i can get ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?