16th February 2012, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for Civil Services Exam at home having completed M.Sc in Computer Science with 57%? Which Books to prepare for this Exam? List of Institutes offering free Coaching for this Exam in Pune or Mumbai?

Hi....i passed out masters (M.Sc computer scince) this year with 57%...i am willing to appear for civil service examination ...i would be thankful if you let me know how to prepare at home...what books to follow or the institutes offering free coaching for civil service exam in pune or mumbai...i have nearly 6 months to prepare for prelims..i have checked time table & syllabus....its my dream to serve for the country,i will work hard & give my best.i am in open catagory.

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for Civil Services Exam through Self Study? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to prepare for civil service exam? I am doing first year B.E ECE
  3. Books to prepare for GRE exam? List of good coaching institutes of Pune?
  4. Is it possible to prepare for Civil Services Exam without joining in any Coaching Institute?
  5. How to prepare for civil services? I have completed my degree
  6. How should I prepare for competitive exam after doing MSc physics? Books and coaching for the same?
  7. How should I prepare for Civil services exam? Books to be referred?
  8. How to prepare for Income Tax Officer Exam? Is it a better choice for me to take Coaching for this Exam? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  9. List of Coaching Centers to prepare for UGC NET Exam in Computer Science?
  10. List of Books to prepare for Civil Services Exam?
  11. How to prepare for the entrance exam for MSTAT and ISI institute Kolkata? Books to be referred for the exam and rank required? Best coaching institutes for it?
  12. Which one is best UGC NET or CSIR NET? How to prepare? Best books?
  13. List of coaching classes in Mumbai, reference books and preparation tips for SET Chemical Sciences?
  14. How to prepare for Civil Services exam? Last 10 years Prelims Papers?
  15. Which books to use for preparing M.Sc Computer Science entrance exam? -- [New]
  16. How can I prepare for Civil Services exam?
  17. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  18. Which subjects can I prepare for Civil services after completion of Post Graduation being a candidate of Home Science?
2nd October 2012, 11:37 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for Civil Services Exam at home having completed M.Sc in Computer Science with 57%? Which Books to prepare for this Exam? List of Institutes offering free Coaching for this Exam in Pune or Mumbai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi....i passed out masters (M.Sc computer scince) this year with 57%...i am willing to appear for civil service examination ...i would be thankful if you let me know how to prepare at home...what books to follow or the institutes offering free coaching for civil service exam in pune or mumbai...i have nearly 6 months to prepare for prelims..i have checked time table & syllabus....its my dream to serve for the country,i will work hard & give my best.i am in open catagory.

Good to hear that you are interested to become a Civil Servant and serve our country. Everyone should have that zeal, being in a developing country.

Well, coming to your query. To appear in Civil Services we have to prepare very vigorously, no matter what hurdles come in middle. Your strategy to prepare only from home may not work all the time. You should be ready to learn that's all. It may be from home, a good coaching institute or from a subject expert.

If you are thinking about money, then it will complicate your preparation. Because we can't take any chance. If you are appearing, your goal should be clearing of that exam.

85% of syllabus can be covered from home by anyone. But only champions can completed the remaining 15% syllabus, they will only become the winners and get some civil service. That is where you have to show difference from others. Most of them stop learning after 80% syllabus completion. They will remain at the margin stage and like many others. You have to cross that and go up to the peaks.

You have ample time, 6 months is really good time for your preparation.
->Prepare with concentration.
->Every deed of yours should lay a noble path towards your success.

Fix minor and major targets, daily targets, weekly targets, monthly targets. Prepare with correct plan, as you are already masters in one subject, you have enough exposure towards exams and their preparation, preparing schedules for preparation should be at your finger tips. As you did it from kg to pg.

First start off with preparation, planning institutes is too early for you. First of all know the syllabus, know what you are to it and think then act accordingly for example if you feel low in mathematics then take coaching from an institute/expert.

Institutes are not mandatory, its only an option for us to make strong where we are low.
As per necessity you can go to one or multiple coaching centers. Remember, Always your goal should radiate through out your mind soul and body.

If you have any further queries, please leave a query here in this forum.
~Regards.
~Aditya
2nd October 2012, 11:53 AM
rocksabhijeet
Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for Civil Services Exam at home having completed M.Sc in Computer Science with 57%? Which Books to prepare for this Exam? List of Institutes offering free Coaching for this Exam in Pune or Mumbai?

HI..............

* You can defenately prepare for civil exams...........
* You need coaching classes and deep study of books .......
* Civil exams are hard as they give reputated post to a person....
* Strong your General knowledge, History, Geography .......
* You must have a good English communicational skill.......
* No institute will offer you free coaching for this exam....
* Your own efforts is most than a coaching efforts....

Thanks
2nd October 2012, 08:51 PM
abhishek.das.781990@gmail

Default Re: How to prepare for Civil Services Exam at home having completed M.Sc in Computer Science with 57%? Which Books to prepare for this Exam? List of Institutes offering free Coaching for this Exam in Pune or Mumbai?

Dear Friend,
The Civil Services Examination is a dream for thousands of candidates appear in every year. To achieve success in the exam,you have to do planning for study for the Preliminary as well as for the Main Exam.

The Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) includes two parts:
1. The Preliminary Examination (objective type), which is a screening test,
and
2. Main Examination consisting of written examination and interview.

The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) organizes the Preliminary Examination in May/June and the Main Examination is held in October/November. The notification for the Preliminary Examination is published in December every year.

The number of vacancies generally 600-700 every year. Reservation is provided for SC, ST, OBC.

Age: The candidate must be between 21 and 30 years of age as on 1st August for every year.
1.Relaxations to the age limit are provided for SC, ST, OBC as per the govt. norms.
**The date of birth acceptable only on the Matriculation or School Leaving Certificate. No other documents with respect to age are acceptable.

Educational Qualifications: Graduation

Attempts: You are permitted 4 attempts at the examination.
1.No restriction on the number of attempts for SC candidates
2.OBC have maximum of seven attempts.

Fee: The fee for the exam is Rs 50.
Candidates belonging to the SC and Physically Handicapped persons are not required to pay any fee.

How to Apply:
(a) You have to apply Online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

Plan of the Preliminary Examination:
The Examination shall comprise two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.

1.Paper I - (200 marks) Duration : Two hours
This paper includes the topic of Current events of national and international importance, History of India and Indian National Movement, Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World, Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc,Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc, General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change etc.

Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
This paper includes Comprehension, Data Interpersonal, Communication skills, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability, Decision-making and Problem Solving Skill, General Mental Ability, Class X level Maths

Plan of the Main Examination:
The Main Exam consists of a written exam which includes 9 paper and an interview test. The written examination consists of the following papers:

Paper I One language 300 marks
Paper II English 300 marks
Paper III Essay 200 marks
Paper IV & V General Studies 300 marks each
Paper VI-IX Any two subjects from Optional subjects( Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, History, Law, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering,Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology) 300 marks
Interview 300 marks

Dear Friend;
You can get an extra-ordinary guidance from good coaching centers which I have mentioned at last. But for your home preparation I am mentioning some of good books for your exam:
History: Indian Culture: Art and culture portions of history books, India Yearbook (culture chapter), India's Struggle for Independence: IGNOU publications on Modern India. Encyclopaedia on Indian Culture, Gazetteer of India, books on culture published by Publications Division and National Book Trust.
Geography: Class XII books of Geography (NCERT)
Indian Polity: Introduction to the Indian Constitution.
Indian Economy: Evolution of the Indian Economy (NCERT).
General Science: NCERT books on science, science magazine or newspaper supplements on science.
Statistics: Class XI NCERT book on Statistics.
Current Events: National Newspaper, Magazines.
General Mental Ability: Do the Quantitative Aptitude published in The Competition Master, past test papers, RS Agarwal book on Quantitative Aptitude.

For the main examination, You should study in more detail.

**The best coaching centers in Mumbai for Civil Service:
PARADIGM IAS ACADEMY
Address: Harvard Hall, Hotel Transit ,Near Mumbai Domestic Airport, Off Nehru Road,Vile-parle (E), Mumbai
State: Maharashtra
Phone: 0-9822549687,09970714449
E-Mail: [email protected], [email protected]
Web Site: www.paradigmiasacademy.com

A. A. SHAH’S IAS INSTITUTE
Address: Guru Kripa, Bahubali,Cawasji Patel Street,Behind People’s Book House,Fort, Mumbai- 400 001.
Phone: 022- 2204 4777, 09004078746
Web Site: www.aashah.com

Lakshya IAS Academy
Address: 21/b, om swati manor chs. j k sawant marg dadar, west, mumbai 40028 opp Shivaji Natymandir
City: Mumbai
Phone: 9223209699,9820971345

Sankalp IAS
Address : Dadar/Parel:Social services League Campus, (Damodar Hall Campus) Nr Railway Stations, Parel(East) (Central Rly) Elphinstone Rd (East) (Western Rly) Shewri(W) (Harbour Line).
City : Mumbai
Phone :9967617536,9930075297

ROYAL IAS ACADEMY
Address : IInd Floor, B-325, Shanti Shopping Centre,
Opp. Railway Station, Mira Road (E)
City : Mumbai
Phone :09869030448/09833374933

Mumbai Institute for IAS civil service examination preparation
Address: 216/B sahnt shopping, opp railway station, mira road
State/Province: maharaashtra
Phone: 9323077538
Web Site: www.mycivilservices.com

Academy of Competitive Examinations
Address: 401, Upkram CHS, Plot no. 45, RSC 48, Near Status Hotel, Gorai II, Rajyog Rd. Borivli West.
Phone: 9820242924
E-Mail: [email protected]

The best coaching centers in Pune for Civil Service:
Paradigm IAS Academy
Senate hall , Hotel the best western pride ,University road , shivaji nagar , Pune
Pune, MH

Prithvi Institute
459, Narayan Peth, Lokhande Talim, Near Pune Marathi Granthalaya Pune
MH
020 2445 1986

Study Circle
Plot No. 474-B, Office No. 3/4, 2nd Floor, Amit Complex, Tilak Road, Sadashiv Peth, Pune, Maharashtra 411030
020 2449 0619

The Unique Academy(New Building)
The Unique academy(New Building), Behind Joshi Wadewale, Balgandharv Chowk,
Pune, MH

Abhyankars IAS Academy
Plot No. 427, Ground Floor, Arman Apartments No. 7Gokhale Road, Model Colony, Shivaji Nagar, Pune, MH

Synergy Study Point
590, Narayan Peth, Shivam Complex, 3rd Building, Besides SNDT Kanya Shala, Near Appa Balwant Chowk, Pune–411030, MH

Pradnya Wardhini Competitive Examination Centers
1846/47, Balwant Niwas
Bhikardas Maruti Road, Sadashiv Peth, Pune, MH
020 24474633

So all the best dear.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?