26th January 2011, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria and admission procedure to MBA programs at IIMs

sir what is eligibilty to join for MBA in IIM ? AND what is the procedure?

26th January 2011, 10:45 PM
sambrita

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and admission procedure to MBA programs at IIMs

To join IIMs, one needs to sit for CAT(common entrance test) exam, CAT is conducted by IIM, not only appear for the test but one has to score good enough for admission to IIMs.

for admission one has to go through performance of cat followed by group disscussion and personal interview.

eligibility are; having a 50% marks in graduation , final year candidate appearing for final degree exam or waiting for results can also apply for cat.

check cat website; http://www.catiim.in
27th January 2011, 01:01 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and admission procedure to MBA programs at IIMs

to take admission in MBA in IIM you must clear the CAT examination with a very good result.

actually the student who did best in the CAT examination they take admission in IIM. so you must study well to make good result in CAT.

if you do good result then contact with the institution collect application form with information brochure. there all details will be mentioned about the procedure and other.

best wishes.
27th January 2011, 01:28 AM
prtk.co

You must fill CAT form for taking admission in IIMS MBA program.Because admission in iims has been taken on the basis of the rank obtained in CAT.The basic eligibility for MBA is you must have a b.tech\be\bsc degree.You can take direct admiss if you scored good percentage in b.tech\be\bsc.
27th January 2011, 09:29 PM
diego
Banned

You have to appear for CAT .Candidates who have completed their graduation from a recognized institution are eligible to apply, also candidates in final year are eligible to apply
subject to provisional admission .. they must be in poession of their degrees before taking admission...
you ave to apply for cat and fill up the form indicating your choices for courses
i.e. PGDM,FPM etc.
IIM's typically call at high percentile 99ile with sectionals more than 90 each
Then you have to appear for GDPI and essay writing
on which basis you get final admission
hope i made myself clear
diego
CAT'10
VA 98.5 QUANT 98.5 DI.
27th January 2011, 11:12 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

IIMs are the top management institute in India. To take admission in PGDBM programme offered by IIMs you need to appear in CAT exam.

CAT eligibility criteria is as follows:
For applying to the CAT, a candidate must hold a Bachelor's Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ ST or Persons with Disability], of any of the recognised Universities.

Candidates in their final year of graduation/ equivalent qualification and those who have completed the exams and are awaiting results are also eligible for the CAT exam.

You need to score at least 95 percentile in CAT exam for getting call from IIMs for their next round of selection process i.e. GD & interview.
5th February 2011, 04:22 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hi,

*The minimum eligibility criteria for admission to PGP is at least a 3-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/ All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) as eligible for Post-Graduate Studies in Management.

*The candidates applying must hold a bachelor's Degree with a minimum percentage of 50%( 45% in case of SC/ST/People with disabilities).

*Candidates who are in the final year of their bachelor's copurse or equivalent or those awaiting results of their graduation exam may also apply.However you must provide a certificate from the Principal/Head of the Department/Registrar/Director of the university/institution certifying that the candidate is currently in the final year / is awaiting final results and has obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category).

*Students with pending Backlogs are not eligible and shouild not apply.

Application Procedure:

To get admission into the IIMs you must appear for the Common Admission Test or CAT which is held at an all India level to select the capable candidates into the IIMs.

CAT comprises of an online examination at various centers around the country. If you score a good percentile then you may get a call from the various IIMs for an interview.

If you get an interview call, you have to go the respective IIM where you have go through Group Discussions, One on One interview and various other selection processes.

If you manage to do well, you get selected to study in these B-Schools.

The forms are generally available from the last week of august through first week of december.
Exam will be held over a period of one month between last weeks of October and November.

For further details, visit:

www.catiim.in
27th March 2011, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

if i don't have any honors. in any subject during my graduation levelo can i appear for CAt xam?
30th March 2011, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria and admission procedure to MBA programs at IIMs without cat
4th April 2011, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

how can i get admission in IIM's without attempting the Cat xam. They consider Gmat Xam for Admissions..plz reply me..i am struggling with this problem
5th April 2011, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

what to do after 10th for IIM
15th April 2011, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

what is age limit to appear in the cat exam
20th April 2011, 02:39 PM
suraj2157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is age limit to appear in the cat exam
there are no age limit to appear in CAT.
20th April 2011, 07:35 PM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

To take admission in MBA in IIMs you must get the good result in CAT examination because the person who does best in CAT exam, should take admission in IIMs
28th April 2011, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

I hav appeared in my final exam of BCA. Is there any procedure of getting admission in MBA-IT without entrance test?
29th April 2011, 04:27 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

If you are interested in MBA and want to take admission in reputed colleges then you must clear the CAT examination with a very good result.

CAT is Common aptitude test for admission in MBA program.

And if want to take coaching then there are so many reputed coaching institutes like TIMES which provide coaching for CAT.

All the Best...
10th May 2011, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

i have poor academics in schools and as well as in graduations..i.e around 57 percentile...would i m eligible for cat exams as i heard that iims takes their students on the basis of academics backgrounds???
25th May 2011, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

I have poor academics but have around 3 years of experience.
Does experience help in getting the call? or
its only helpful in converting the call into admission.
Few IIMs have their eligibility criteria like minimum 6 CGPA, does experience help we don't have that more percentage in grad.
25th May 2011, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

hey if somebody fails in 1st attempt of it's bcom final exam,after clearing it again will he be eligible for cat or iim's
16th July 2011, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

i m bms student i.e. bachelor of mgt studies want to take admission in IIM without CAT. whether it is possible or not? pls rly
18th July 2011, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 73% and 62% of marks in my 10th and 12th boards.......Now I'm doing my graduation........After graduation,I would like to complete my MBA degree from IIMs........Am I eligible to take admission in IIMs on the part of my board exam marks????????If yes,Then What will be the marks requirements from the part of my graduation?????????
21st July 2011, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

sir, if i fail to get good marks in my first attemt in cat.sir upto how many time i can attmpt for cat
22nd July 2011, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

wat apart from the cat result do the selection board look for in an applicant .... do they consider my engg result and wat more can i do to increase my chance??? plz reply ASAP i am desperate ...
31st July 2011, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

sir for ph candidate to get iima ,wat i percentile should we get?
10th August 2011, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria and admission procedure to BBA programs at IIMs
12th August 2011, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE AGE LIMIT TO JOIN IIMS? PLEASE HELP ME
28th August 2011, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

my aggregate for four years engineering is less than 50 % for all four years but my aggregate for last year engineering is more than 50 % am i eligibel to admission to mba more particularly to maharashtra gov ruler under dte for mms course
29th August 2011, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

Please type your question or comment here and then click Submit. In which month cat exam are held.
30th August 2011, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

I AM A DISTANCE MODE STUDENT, BBA, CAN I APPLY FOR MBA FROM IIMA OR ELIGIBLE FOR CAT EXAM,MY PERCENTAGE IN BBA IS 50%.
3rd September 2011, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

I am a teacher in NVS,NEW DELHI.AGE 43 YEARS .BSC MSC BOTH FIRST DIV.8yrs exp.in teaching.i want to know of future scope through mba in IIMs.Pl help.
3rd September 2011, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

I am 43 years old.pl help if there is any future scope through mba in IIMs.I'm BSc in 1990 central govt teacher.
4th September 2011, 12:09 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You wants to do MBA course from IIM's, then you have to appear in MBA entrance exam CAT..
To get admission in IIM's you have to appear in CAT exam..
CAT exam is conducted by IIM's every year..

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

*The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.
*The candidate should not have any due backlogs during graduation.
*The candidate should have 50% marks in graduation.
*There is no age limit to appear in CAT exam.

So, you have to fulfill all these criteria to appear in CAT exam..
After clearing the exam you have to go through the GD session and Interview..
After clearing all these things you will get a chance to take admission in MBA course in one of the IIM's..
so, go for it.
All the best.
20th September 2011, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

hello miss.
its for your kind information that.
"CAT" does not stand for Common Entrance Test.
It stands for "Common Admission Test".
thanking you.
29th September 2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

how to get admission in iim when i have scored less in my 12th standard
4th October 2011, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

sir how much marks required in cat for taking mba admission in iim calcutta
4th December 2011, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

what is the eligibility for PGP in iim-ahmedabad ,does it requires master degree (or) bachelor degree
19th January 2012, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Can i Apply for CAT-2012 As i am pursuing MBA-HR in Karnataka open university which will finish by 2013 december?
3rd February 2012, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

hello!!
this is asha.i completed 10th and 12th with 83 and 92% resp.and b.tech with 68% now im doing my final year.
not even one backlog frm past 4 years.after completion of my b.tech i may get around 70%.
do i eligible for iim without attempting cat exam.
sir plsssssssss respond to me. its very imp to me.plssssss
4th February 2012, 12:28 AM
anlakshmi

If you want to join in the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) then do not worry here I am providing you the necessary information regarding it.

First to get into the IIMs you have to satisfy the following eligibility criteria like the candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of graduate degree from any discipline with 50% of the marks (45% for the SC/ST) from a recognized university.And even the candidates in their final year can also apply.
And along with for some of the special programs conducted by the IIMs you have to get the additional eligibility criteria like for the Executive MBA from the IIMs you have to get an experience of 5 years and so on .

And to get into the IIMs for the regular MBA degree you have to give an entrance exam named CAT. Now on the basis of the percentile scored in the CAT exam you will get a call letter from the different IIMs for the group discussion and the personal interview.And based on the performance in the group discussion and the personal interview you will get the admission in the IIMs.
16th February 2012, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

i want to take admission in iim kolkata so i want to know about admission procedure nd what qualification is must for admission/???
16th February 2012, 08:41 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
Indian Institute of Management conduct own exam for admission in M.B.A course that is C.A.T..

C.A.T stand for Common Admission Test..

C.A.T exam is conducted by I.I.M, Ahmadabad.

Eligibility for C.A.T:-
> Pass graduation with minimum 50% marks
> There is no age limit for this exam..
> There is no restriction in number of attempts

GOOD LUCK!
24th April 2012, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

sir i have taken maths and science for my after 10th but now im in 12th and i want admission in iim college
im not interested in btech and im confused what to do now for getting a good mba degree of mba...
24th April 2012, 02:18 PM
vinayaga2012

Quote:

CAT EXAM is Mandatory

CAT Exam Conducted by IIM .One Of the Most Analytical Stronger Exam

Score Good Marks in CAT EXAM .

Ex; minimum -98 Percentile so Apply to all IIM Colleges .get an application and

Procedures are mentioned in that application
24th April 2012, 03:44 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

You get the admission in MBA in IIM's first you clear the CAT exam.

for admission one has
to go through
performance of cat
followed by group
disscussion and
personal interview.

Eligibility criteria of MBA:

You can having a graduation degree with any of the stream from a recognized university.

The basis of performance in the entrance tests like
CAT
MAT
GMAT

In graduation 50% to be eligible for some of the entrance exam

all the best.
2nd May 2012, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get MBA from IIM's with poor academic records? Like failures in school and arrears in graduation but got good work experience and good cat scores?
18th May 2012, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

sir
i completed my bcom got 80.9% am i eligible to mba mainly in iim
3rd June 2012, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

sir i hav completed my 10th and 2 with second div bt nearer to first division nd doing my graduation b.com in distance in a recognised university am i eligible for cat if i score 60percent in my graduation
23rd June 2012, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

Distance B.com degree is eligible for MBA full time.
20th August 2012, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;497695]what to do after 10th for IIM is any % criteria needed for iim after 10th like above 90%.......
31st August 2012, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

I'm CA student and presently I'm in IPCC g2 ,,, now I want to do MBA,,, what procedure I have to adopt to become a mba,, although I'm not Gud at maths as well.....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?