2nd June 2012, 05:25 PM
12 ria

Can I do MSc in Genetics after doing BSc in Microbiology? What are the job prospects?

can i do msc in genetics aftr doing bsc in microbio? if so what is its job prospects?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the scope of B.Sc in Microbiology? Which PG course should I do after that? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What should I opt between MSc Microbiology, Human Genetics and Biootechnology after doing BSc Medical?
  3. How to get admission in MSc Microbiology and Molecular Genetics after passing BSc in Zoology, Psychology and Geography?
  4. Which courses can I pursue after pursuing BSc Hons Microbiology from Delhi University? Will coaching from MSc Biotech cover other entrances like MSc Microbiology and MSc Genetics?
  5. Best college for M.Sc Human Genetics?
  6. Scope and career prospects in BSc Microbiology stream?
  7. What should I do M.Sc in Chemistry or M.Sc in Microbiology? Which one has better job opportunity?
  8. How to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completing MSc Microbiology?
  9. Can I do MSc Genetics after completing BSc Bioinfomatics?
  10. Can a MBBS student go for MSc and Ph.D integrated course in Medical Microbiology and genetics? Institute in Delhi and NCR offering the course? Any job opportunities in medical colleges?
  11. How to join MSc Genetics? I am doing BSc Petrochemicals
  12. What kind of job will I get if I do BSc in India and MSc abroad in Genetics? How much will I earn after that?
  13. Job opportunities in Kerala or Chennai after MSc genetics?
  14. Job prospects for me in government sector after doing BSc in Microbiology at an age of 29 years?
  15. How to join MSc Microbiology after completing BSc?
  16. What do to after B.Sc, M.Sc in Chemistry or M.Sc in Microbiology? Which has better job opportunities? -- [New]
  17. Which one is better M.Sc Chemistry or M.Sc Microbiology? Which has got better job opportunities?
  18. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc in MLT, either M.Sc(medical microbiology), M.Sc(clinical microbiology), M.Sc(microbiology)? List of universities offers these courses?
31st October 2012, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do MSc in Genetics after doing BSc in Microbiology? What are the job prospects?

does the degrees MD and MRCP has anything to do with microbiology.....am a student of bsc microbiology..............
28th December 2015, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do MSc in Genetics after doing BSc in Microbiology? What are the job prospects?

AM A FINAL YEAR STUDENT OF BSC MICROBIOLOGY CAN I ABLE TO DO MSC IN GENETICS
31st December 2015, 06:41 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Yes. You are eligible to get admission for M.Sc in Genetics after completion of B.Sc in Microbiology.

Below is the eligibility criteria to join this course.
-One should have completed Graduation with Science streams that includes subjects like Biology, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Bio-Informatics etc.

-One should have scored a minimum of 50% of marks in Graduation. Some universities will ask for even 60% of marks.

The admission for this course would be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Each and every university conducts its own Entrance Exam for the candidates to give admission for this course.

So, what I suggest you is, collect the list of top universities or colleges offering this course in and know the Entrance Exam details to get admission in those colleges and prepare accordingly.

As per the job prospects, you will be having good career scope in this field as so much of research is going on in the field of Genetics in India.

You can get jobs in
Biochemical Laboratories
Genetics Diagnostic centers
Hospitals
Pharmaceutical Companies

Some of the job designations that will be given in these organizations are
-Technical Assistant
-Senior Scientific Officer
-National Sales Manager
-Purchase Executive
1st December 2017, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am studying microbiology with nano technology which course is good for msc? Then I have another question scope and benefits of doing much genetics and bioinformatics after bsc in microbiology with nano technology? Then one more question is nano based courses or genetics which is beneficial for my career
18th June 2019, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

After msc in medical technology, which kind of genetics courses we can do??
30th October 2021, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission on masters in genomics after completing bsc general microbiology?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?