11th October 2012, 12:17 AM
tanuja sengupta

What is the qualifying marks for NET exam?

I have appeared for UGC NET exam which was held in June 2012. Please tell me whether i qualified for this exam and my marks for paper I- 64%, paper II - 44%,
paper III- 57%. I belong to General catrgory.

22nd October 2012, 09:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualifying marks for NET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuja sengupta View Post
I have appeared for UGC NET exam which was held in June 2012. Please tell me whether i qualified for this exam and my marks for paper I- 64%, paper II - 44%,
paper III- 57%. I belong to General catrgory.
Your NET Exams marks are -

Paper I - 64%
Paper II - 44%
Paper III- 57%

But the UGC announced their cut off marks of JUNE NET Exam .I have attached the chart of cut off marks .

You have qualified in Paper I and Paper II Exam ,But sorry to say that , you have not Qualify in Paper III .

So prepare well subjective portion , i think next time you will qualify in NET Exam.

All the Best ........

30th March 2013, 07:53 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

The eligibility for appearing in UGC-NET Exam is post- graduation in any of the subject with 55% aggregate marks.
The candidate who had cleared UGC-NET Exam, becomes eligible for the post of lecturer in the respective subject in which he had pursued his master degree.

Eligibility :

(a) You need to have a PG degree and you can write UGC NET exam only on the subject in which you have completed PG.
(b)You need to score an aggregate of 55% marks in PG exam to be qualified for NET. SC/ST candidates need to obtain only 50% marks. OBC candidates need to obtain 55% itself.
(c) You can write UGC NET exam even if you are a final year student for PG and is expecting above 55% marks. You need to submit your actual PG mark list only within 1 year of passing the UGC exam.

Age Limit :

There is no age limit for writing NET exam but 28 years is the age limit for UGC JRF exam. A relaxation of 5 years is given to SC/ST/OBC(Non-creamy layer) category.

Marks required to pass UGC NET :

(a) General Category : 40% for first 2 papers and 50% for third paper and also should secure an overall aggregate of 65%.

(b)OBC(Non-creamy layer) : 35% for first 2 papers and 45% for third paper and also should secure an overall aggregate of 60%.

(c) SC/ST/PH/VH : 35% for first 2 papers and 40% for third paper and also should secure an overall aggregate of 55%.
13th November 2013, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

I got 42 marks in paper 1, 66 in paper 2, and 76 in paper 3. But i failed. What is th reason?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?