14th October 2012, 01:52 PM
sneha,s

Details about KAS preliminary exam?

Hi,,,, i want know full detail about kas priliminary exam so ll u give me d information about kas exam??????

4th January 2013, 06:17 PM
Tarunj94

Thumbs up Re: Details about KAS preliminary exam?

Hello friends,

The Public Service Commission was constituted under the provisions of the Constitution of India on 18-05-1951. In accordance with the provisions of clause 14 of the Public Service Commission, Regulations 1950, the staff of the Public Service Commission as it stood on 18-05-1951, was continued as the nucleus of the staff of the Public Service Commission

KARNATAKA ADMINISTRATION SERVICE (KAS) EXAM SYLLABUS

PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION (Objective type):[/B]
PAPER - 1

(I) Current events of National and International importance.
(II)Humanities – History of India Emphasis shall be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, culture and political aspects with a focus on Indian national movement with special emphasis on Karnataka.
(III)World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on Karnataka.
(IV) Indian Polity and economy, including the country s political system, rural development, planning and economic reforms in India-sustainable development, poverty alleviation, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.

[B]PAPER-2

(I)Current events of State importance and important State Govt. programmers.
(II)General Science and Technology, Environment and Ecology contemporary developments in science and technology, and their implications including matters of everyday observations and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline, general issues on Health, environmental ecology, biodiversity, and climate change- that do not require subject specialization.
(III) General Mental Ability Comprehension, Logical reasoning and Analytical ability, Decision making, problem solving, Basic innumeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude etc.) and data interpretation (charts. Graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.,) (class X/SSLC level).

Thank you
16th April 2013, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Details about KAS preliminary exam?

Since the exam format is going to change, so what could be the strategy for prelims(KAS)
16th April 2013, 06:00 PM
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Details about KAS preliminary exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Since the exam format is going to change, so what could be the strategy for prelims(KAS)

KAS Exam Details
Hello Dear
Following is the Complete Details of the Upcoming KAS Exam. Hope it helps
KAS Exam Eligibility :
► Candidates must be of Indian Origin.

► Candidates are Required to complete Graduation in any stream from a recognized University .

► Age limit :21 to 35 years
Prelims Exam Syllabus:
For Syllabus, Please Check out the Attachment Section Below.
Exam Pattern:
The competitive examination shall comprise of two stages:

► Preliminary Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the main examination.
  • 2 Papers of Objective Type each containing 100 Questions
  • Each Question carries 2 Marks and that amounts to a total marks of 20.
  • Duration: 2 Hours
►Mains (written examination and Personality Test) for selection for candidates for various services and posts.
  • Shall consists of Written and Personality Tests
  • Written Test carries a Total of 2100 Marks.
  • Personality test is conducted to see if the Candidate is eligible for the applied service.
  • Qualities that shall possibly be judged at the time of personality test are: mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, and balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest etc..
Contact Address :
Karnataka Public Service Commission , Udyoga Soudha , Bangalore - 560 001.
For more Information, Please Refer to Official KAS Website.
Regards,

Nik!

Attached Files
File Type: txt KAS Preliminary Exam Syllabus.txt(398 Bytes, 241 views)
18th April 2013, 12:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

KAS is Karnataka Administrative Services.

KAS Exam is conducted for recruiting administrative officers in the state of Karnataka.

You should be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognised University if you want to apply for this examination.

The age should be between 21 to 35 years if you are a General Category candidate.

There is age relaxation available for categories which are SC/ST, OBC , PWD etc.

The Preliminary Examination will be an Objective type paper.

There will be 2 papers in Preliminary Examination:

Paper I (200 marks) - It will have 100 questions from General Studies of National and International Importance and humanities subjects.

Paper II (200 marks) –It will have 100 questions from General studies related to State, General Science and Mental Ability.

Hence you have to be prepared according to the above topics to succeed in the KAS preliminary examination.

Only after qualifying Preliminary examination you will be allowed to appear for Mains Exam.

For more information visit http://www.kpsc.kar.nic.in
23rd October 2013, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

when KAS prelims in 2014
5th February 2014, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

WHEN APPLY FOR KAS EXAM AND HOW WILL BE MODE PAYMENT ?
18th December 2015, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir.now I am studied in 2nd ba in ksou.can i take kas exams after my ksou degree complision.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?