14th March 2011, 09:46 PM
Renukadevikumar

Can a MCA final year student apply for IES exam? Government job exams for MCA students?

hi sir/madam
i am a mca final year student....
can i apply IES exam///
n
any other govermnet job r exams available related to my qualification

Related Questions:
  1. Competitive exams in 2016 for MCA final year students
  2. Procedure to study MCA in any government college for B.Sc(Mathematics) final year student? What is the scope of MCA course?
  3. Government jobs for which MCA student is eligible? Is there any corporate sector for MCA qualified students? Details of the government jobs for which MCA qualified students can apply?
  4. Can MCA final year students apply for TNPSC group 2 exams?,
  5. Will I be eligible to sit for IES Exam after completing MCA?
  6. Any opportunity to get in government sector after finishing MCA from CUSAT? Any exams being conducted?
  7. Can MCA students get into Indian Army on the basis of MCA qualification? How to get a job there?
  8. What type of government jobs can MCA students apply for? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Opportunities in government sector after passing MCA? Details about the government exams?
  10. Job opportunities in Government sector and MPSC for MCA(Commerce) 2nd year female student?
  11. Can I get a government job in MCA after passing BSc Computer Science with 78% and first class with distinction? Do I have to answer any entrance exams for that?
  12. How to get a job in IES if I am a B.Tech final year student
  13. Is it possible for me to get IT job after completion of MCA course? -- [New]
  14. Any opportunity to join government sector after finishing MCA? Any exams to get a government jobs? Information about government and central government exams?
  15. Am I eligible to study MCA being a Distance B.Sc(IT) and B.Com final year student?
  16. How can an MCA final year student apply for internship?
  17. Full-time MCA or part time MCA with job, which is best option?
  18. Are MCA students eligible to sit for IES exam?
15th March 2011, 07:03 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can a MCA final year student apply for IES exam? Government job exams for MCA students?

I hope you meant Indian Economic Services(IES).

As per UPSC
A candidate applying for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Busines Economics/Econometrics and a candidate for the Indian Statistical must have obtained a Post-Graduate degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes.

Since MCA is all related to computers hence i hope that your not eligible for the examination.

If you meant Engineering Services Examination then also your not eligible since graduates from Mechanical,Electrical,Civil,Electronics stream are only eligible for the exam.Some of the M.Sc students who have completed a course with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject can also apply for the examination.
15th March 2011, 09:07 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can a MCA final year student apply for IES exam? Government job exams for MCA students?

Indian Engineering Services 2011
IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

If your subject match with either of above then you are eligible else not...

and however this year dates are over

The last date of submitting application is

(MONDAY)
15th March 2011, 09:38 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can a MCA final year student apply for IES exam? Government job exams for MCA students?

hello dear

see, you are not eligiable for IES exam.

only four discipline of engineering candidate can appear in the IES exam.

1.mechanical.

2.electronics

3..civil.

4.electrical.

and minimum 60% marks in engineering is required.

all the best..........
15th March 2011, 09:42 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello Dear,

IES (Indian Engineering Service) Examination are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

Eligibility for IES Examination: -

1. Pass graduation / Bachelor’s degree in any subject or in any engineering stream or equivqlent from a recognised institute / university.

2. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years for General candidates, 21 Years to 33 Years for OBC candidates and 21 Years to 35 Years for SC / ST candidates.

3. Nationality - Indian

NOTE: - Final year appearing candidates can also apply for IES exam.

All the Best
15th March 2011, 11:12 AM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renukadevikumar View Post
hi sir/madam
can i apply IES exam///
n
You are not able to give IES exam because IES is only for B.Tech student .

But you have lot of option to get job in RAILWAYS and some other government job you should know all about in ROJEGAR SAMACHAR .

Please read the ROJEGAR paper you will find government job.

BEST OF LUCK
15th March 2011, 12:40 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Can a MCA final year student apply for IES exam? Government job exams for MCA students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jits View Post
I hope you meant Indian Economic Services(IES).

As per UPSC
A candidate applying for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Busines Economics/Econometrics and a candidate for the Indian Statistical must have obtained a Post-Graduate degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes.

Since MCA is all related to computers hence i hope that your not eligible for the examination.

If you meant Engineering Services Examination then also your not eligible since graduates from Mechanical,Electrical,Civil,Electronics stream are only eligible for the exam.Some of the M.Sc students who have completed a course with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject can also apply for the examination.
I think You are eligible for IES through UPSC exem.
There hasn't any stream condition,any graduate student whose age in between 21-30 can apply for that exem,and after clearing that exem,you can Join as a IES or IAS officer...
15th March 2011, 12:51 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can a MCA final year student apply for IES exam? Government job exams for MCA students?

Quote:
hi sir/madam
can i apply IES exam///
n
Hi

Since you have not cleared about which IES exam
Indian Engineering Services or Indian Economic services.
So I have mentioned below both exam eligibility criteria. You
can check your eligibility from the below:

Eligibility Criteria

1.Indian Engineering Services
The Indian Engineering Services exam is only for the engineering
candidates. If a candidate doing engineering in any of the branch
1.Mechanical
2.Electrical
3.Electronics and communication
4.Civil Engineering
are only eligible to apply for the Indian Engineering service examination.

2.Indian Economic Services
Candidate applying for the Indian Economic Service
examination will require a Post-graduate degree in
Economics/Applied
Economics/Business
Economics/Econometrics from a recognized University

For more information visit the UPSC web site which is
www.upsc.gov.in
15th March 2011, 03:49 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

If you have done Electrical/Mechanical / civil engg , then only you can appear for this exam.
Age eligibility: 21-30 yrs with relaxation for SC/ST?OBC ar per govt rules.
15th March 2011, 05:32 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

IES Query !!

IES exams having four Categories means 4 types of people can write the exam

One is Civil Engineering,Mechanical Engineering,Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Tele Communication Engineering

If your Graduation is Done with above named Courses then You will be Eligible only if

Your age still in between 21 to 30 years.

It has been seen that only 4 attempts are permissible for Gen Category.
&
It is relaxed for OBC's and SC/ST i.e for OBC's 7 attempts and
For SC/ST there will 9 attempts.

Lot of Job opportunities are Available which are Government Jobs under UPSC only if you come under the Age Limits i.e 21 years to 30 Years. Like SCRA , IES , Engineering Service Exam, and may More Visit www.upsc.gov.in
15th March 2011, 06:00 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Can a MCA final year student apply for IES exam? Government job exams for MCA students?

To Apply For IES Examination, You Should Be Engineering Graduate.

And The Candidate Studying His Last Semester, Then He Will Also Eligible To Apply For IES Examination.

And If Anyone Are Holding MSc Degree In Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics & Radio Engineering, Then They Are Also Eligible To Apply For IES Examination.

But To Apply For IES Exams Your Age Should Between 21 To 30 Years.

So, The Candidates With An Engineering Degree Of A Recognized University Are Eligible To Apply For IES Examination.

The Notification Of This Year Are Yet Come, It Will Be Announced In 30/July/2011.

For Complete Information, Please Visit The Official Website -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th March 2011, 07:32 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Quote:
hi sir/madam
can i apply IES exam///
n
Sorry dear but you are not eligible since MCA students do not fit in the criteria.

I am listing the details related to it below.So you can yourself check it.

IES Eligibility criteria :
  • The applicant must have a Engineering degree from any recognized institute.
  • The candidate must have degree in civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical/ Electronics Engineering.
  • The examination is conducted for the branches of Civil. Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics Engineering only.

IES Exam-2011 Dates:
  • IES Exam-2011 Notification: 8th January, 2011 (Saturday)
  • IES Exam-2011 last date of form receipt: 7th February, 2011 (Monday).
  • IES Exam-2011 Written Exam date: 4th June, 2011 (Saturday)

You may visit the following official website for more details:-
IES 2011

I have attached the notification which contains all the details related to IES exam.So you can check it from there too
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 65 views)
15th March 2011, 09:56 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Sorry you can not apply for IES exam being a MCA candidate since you do not fulfill the eligibility criteria.

IES, 2011 eligibility criteria is as follows:

The candidate must have passed bachelors degree in engineering in any discipline from a recognised university. Final year candidates can also apply.

Candidates holding M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject may also apply.

For more details visit: www.upsc.gov.in
15th March 2011, 10:27 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

i think you are talking about the examination Indian Engineering Services(IES) not Indian Economic Services.

for IES(Indian Engineering Services) MCA students are not eligible. so you can not appear in IES examination. the eligible four branch of engineering for IES examination are
Category I—Civil Engineering.
Category II—Mechanical Engineering.
Category III—Electrical Engineering.
Category IV—Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

here i am attaching the total notification for the IES examination. go through the attachment for eligibility criterion and other details about the IES examination. this examination is conducted by UPSC. for more information on IES visit the website http://www.upsc.gov.in

best wishes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 69 views)
15th March 2011, 11:41 PM
noddy11

Thumbs up Re: Can a MCA final year student apply for IES exam? Government job exams for MCA students?

hello friend,

To Apply For IES Examination, You Should Be Engineering Graduate.

And The Candidate Studying His Last Semester, Then He Will Also Eligible To Apply For IES Examination.

And If Anyone Are Holding MSc Degree In Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics & Radio Engineering, Then They Are Also Eligible To Apply For IES Examination.

But To Apply For IES Exams Your Age Should Between 21 To 30 Years.

So, The Candidates With An Engineering Degree Of A Recognized University Are Eligible To Apply For IES Examination.

The Notification Of This Year Are Yet Come, It Will Be Announced In 30/July/2011.

For Complete Information, Please Visit The Official Website -

http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck
15th April 2011, 10:32 PM
devendergora

IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

So , i think you are not eligible.
23rd September 2011, 10:48 PM
rahmat2002

Dear Sir/Madam

B.tech in IT branch is eligible for railway job or any other government jobs.please suggest.
Rgds
Rahmat Ali
24th September 2011, 12:59 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for IES exam:-

1.One must have complete the graduation in engineering field.

2.One should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

3.The age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years..

4.One have to write the exam in the syllabus of any of the fields like- Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical/civil.

As you have done MCA course then you are not eligible for IES exam.

You can go for govt. jobs like-

1.banking sector exams like- Bank PO exam.

2.Defense exams like- CDS exam.

3.UPSC conducted civil service exams like- IAS, IPS, IFS.

You can go for any of these field..
All the best.
18th October 2011, 09:20 AM
Jnanendra Kumar T.V

Sir I'am Jnanendra Kumar T.V finishing MCA in 2011 batch. please inform me any govt job
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?