30th August 2020, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

How to get a Student Visa to study PhD in the USA?

Respected Sir/Madam, my son has passed his MTech in Computer Science & Engineering. He wishes to study in the USA for the PhD program. Kindly tell me what is the procedure for getting a student visa? Please reply asap.

31st August 2020, 09:37 PM
ites
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a Student Visa to study PhD in the USA?

Country Name:- USA

Course Level:-PhD

After accepted for a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-from your applied school in the US through your online application for the desired course. Now fill the application form for F1 visa and other required forms for visa application as per your university rule and SEVP rules. Now pay the visa application fee for an interview. Prepare for your interview and wait for the confirmation reply from the embassy.
1st September 2020, 07:55 PM
aayeshasyeda99

If you are an international student, you need to obtain an F1 visa for PhD studies in the USA. For the application process, you must fill out the DS-160 visa application online.
After the filling and submitting of your form, you can then proceed for your visa. Then starts your document collection and exam scores that decide your visa granting.
5th September 2020, 07:10 PM
ramsagarofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam, my son has passed his MTech in Computer Science & Engineering. He wishes to study in the USA for the PhD program. Kindly tell me what is the procedure for getting a student visa? Please reply asap.
Students need to obtain 2 documents to study in the USA. They are I-20 and F1 Visa. Let’s first see what an I-20 Visa is and a simple procedure to obtain it. I-20 is a document provided by the university and countersigned by a school official. This provides an identification to the students as it has SEVIS identification number. It also acts as a proof from your University that you are eligible to pay all the expenses which include course fees and settlement expenses. It is valid for 5 years and will be sent to you through the mail by your University. After the students receive this they need to apply for Student VISA. Steps to get visa:
• Pay the fees of $200 for SEVIS I-90.
• After the payment, carry the receipt to your Visa Interview and also to the US Port of Entry when it’s your first entry as a student.
Now for those who aren’t citizens of Canada they need to get their F-1 Visa to get admission in the US Universities for the full time course. First fill the DS-160 form as precisely as possible through online mode. Then schedule the Visa Interview and go for it. If everything goes smoothly you are off to study in the US for your Ph.D.
7th September 2020, 08:01 PM
ramsagarofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Students need to obtain 2 documents to study in the USA. They are I-20 and F1 Visa. Let’s first see what an I-20 Visa is and a simple procedure to obtain it. I-20 is a document provided by the university and countersigned by a school official. This provides an identification to the students as it has SEVIS identification number. It also acts as a proof from your University that you are eligible to pay all the expenses which include course fees and settlement expenses. It is valid for 5 years and will be sent to you through the mail by your University. After the students receive this they need to apply for Student VISA. Steps to get visa:
• Pay the fees of $200 for SEVIS I-90.
• After the payment, carry the receipt to your Visa Interview and also to the US Port of Entry when it’s your first entry as a student.
Now for those who aren’t citizens of Canada they need to get their F-1 Visa to get admission in the US Universities for the full time course. First fill the DS-160 form as precisely as possible through online mode. Then schedule the Visa Interview and go for it. If everything goes smoothly you are off to study in the US for your Ph.D.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?