13th March 2023, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

I got 5.5 band overall R-6. 5,W-5.5, L-5.5, S-5.0 I can go study visa in UK?

My name is kiran i got 5.5 band overall R-6. 5,W-5.5, L-5.5, S-5.0 I can go study visa in UK?

13th March 2023, 02:49 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Default Re: I got 5.5 band overall R-6. 5,W-5.5, L-5.5, S-5.0 I can go study visa in UK?

You have a good chance of getting into a university in the UK with a 5.5 IELTS band. Most colleges and institutions will gladly accept your application if your score is between 5.5 to 6.5 score bands.
13th March 2023, 04:09 PM
AddisonRae

Default Re: I got 5.5 band overall R-6. 5,W-5.5, L-5.5, S-5.0 I can go study visa in UK?

To study in the UK, international students need to obtain a Tier 4 student visa. One of the requirements for this visa is to demonstrate English language proficiency.

The minimum required English language level for a Tier 4 student visa is a CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) level B2, which is roughly equivalent to a 5.5 overall score on the IELTS exam.

However, it is important to note that individual universities may have their own language requirements which may be higher than the minimum visa requirements. Therefore, it is best to check the specific language requirements of the universities you are interested in applying to.

In your case, you have an overall score of 5.5 on the IELTS exam, which meets the minimum visa requirement for the Tier 4 student visa. However, it may be beneficial to retake the IELTS exam to improve your scores in the Listening and Speaking sections, as some universities may have higher requirements for these sections.

In addition to the English language requirement, you will also need to provide evidence of your financial ability to support yourself during your studies in the UK, as well as provide documents such as your passport, academic transcripts, and a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) from your chosen university.
13th March 2023, 04:54 PM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for visa to study in Canada. However, score 5.5 means that you have a very basic understanding of English and you are more comfortable communicating in familiar situations. It is difficult to use complex language.

You would need to work more on your communication skills. As it is more important to have knowledge and great expertise in language which is outside of your comfort zone.
14th March 2023, 02:29 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

If your IELTS score is 5.5, you stand a high chance of being accepted into a UK university. If your score falls within the 5.5 and 6.5 score bands, the majority of colleges and institutions will gladly accept your application.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?