11th July 2023, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Job opportunities in Statistics like IAOS, UNESCO, PARIS21, OCED etc?

I want to know about the qualification required to apply for job in IAOS, UNESCO, PARIS21, OCED etc after completing my post graduation for Statistics.
I also want to know about other best job opportunities in India after completion of my PG.
Also guide me that from where should i complete my PG course in Statistics so that I can apply for the jobs in India as well as abroad. Sir/Madame please tell me about the pay and also compare the jobs in India as well as in abroad . Tell me about the best universities and their criteria on which they take admission in PG course especially in Statistics.

Thank you

17th July 2023, 06:56 PM
TalatNaazGujrati

Default Re: Job opportunities in Statistics like IAOS, UNESCO, PARIS21, OCED etc?

Job opportunities in Statistics
There are many job opportunities in Statistics, both in India and abroad. Some of the most popular employers for statisticians include:
  • International organizations: These organizations include the International Association for Official Statistics (IAOS), the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the PARIS21, and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
  • Government agencies: These agencies include the Central Statistical Office (CSO), the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO), and the Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation (DIPP).
  • Private companies: These companies include McKinsey & Company, Bain & Company, and Accenture.
The qualifications required to apply for a job in Statistics vary depending on the specific position. However, most employers require a Master's degree in Statistics or a related field.
Best job opportunities in India after completion of PG
Some of the best job opportunities in India after completing a PG in Statistics include:
  • Data Scientist: Data scientists are responsible for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data. They work in a variety of industries, including healthcare, finance, and retail.
  • Statistical Analyst: Statistical analysts use statistical methods to solve problems. They work in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, research, and marketing.
  • Quantitative Analyst: Quantitative analysts use mathematical and statistical methods to solve financial problems. They work in banks, hedge funds, and other financial institutions.
The pay for statisticians in India varies depending on the experience and the industry. However, the average salary for a statistician in India is around INR 6 lakhs per year.
Job opportunities in Statistics abroad
There are also many job opportunities in Statistics abroad. Some of the best countries for statisticians include:
  • United States: The United States is a major center for statistics. There are many job opportunities for statisticians in the US, both in government agencies and in private companies.
  • United Kingdom: The UK is another major center for statistics. There are many job opportunities for statisticians in the UK, both in government agencies and in private companies.
  • Canada: Canada is a growing economy with a strong demand for statisticians. There are many job opportunities for statisticians in Canada, both in government agencies and in private companies.
The pay for statisticians abroad varies depending on the country and the experience. However, the average salary for a statistician abroad is around USD 100,000 per year.
Best universities for PG in Statistics
Some of the best universities for PG in Statistics include:
  • Indian Statistical Institute (ISI)

• Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay

• Delhi University

• Jadavpur University

• University of Calcutta[COLOR=var(--bard-color-on-surface-variant)][/COLOR]

These universities have strong programs in Statistics and offer a variety of specializations. They also have good placement records, so you can be sure that you will get a good job after graduating.
Criteria for admission in PG course in Statistics
The criteria for admission in PG course in Statistics vary from university to university. However, most universities require the following:
  • A Bachelor's degree in Statistics or a related field.
  • A good score in the entrance examination.
  • Good academic record.
Some universities also require letters of recommendation and a personal statement.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?