14th March 2015, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get admission in Indian colleges after completing schooling in Oman?

Hi,

My son is now in class 9th studying in CBSE Indian School, Muscat- Oman. I would like to know that should I have to shift his to continue his studies in India in order to get his chance to appear for a regular (indian resident) CET exams. Or he can appear even if he complete his 10th / 12th standard from here... please advise...

Kind regards,

15th March 2015, 08:09 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission in Indian colleges after completing schooling in Oman?

Yes he will be allowed to give the Examination as he is studying in CBSE Board only but you will have to shift to India as there is no Examination center Abroad.
You will have to get him registered to a particular School and once you do that your son will be allowed to sit for the CBSE Board Examinations.
To get your son admitted to a School you will have to show a valid reason why he wants to change his school and if you show that you have shifted from Oman to India it will be enough to get him admitted.
Also make sure that you take a character certificate and also a transfer certificate from the previous School and once you have done that he will be given admission in a School here and he will be eligible to give the CBSE Board Examination.
So you need to plan well in Advance what you want to do and once you have done that make sure that you execute your plans quickly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?