22nd January 2015, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

Is it true that we can do 3rd year directly in Engineering after completion of diploma course?

Hello,

I am a poly diploma student. I think after finishing it, go for b.tech. now some of my friends told me that the second year diploma students(revision '10 scheme) now can study engineering from 3rd year. Is that really true or just a rumour? please tell.. so many students have the same question..

Related Questions:
  1. How to study Architectural engineering after completion of my diploma? I am studying diploma in civil engineering 3rd year
  2. Can a diploma holder join directly in 3rd semester engineering?
  3. Do Diploma holders get admission directly to 2nd year? Is it true that there is no entrance exam for diploma holders?
  4. Any recognized university from where I can directly apply in 3rd year for graduation after doing diploma in Customs Clearance and Freight Forwarding?
  5. Can I join B.E Mechanical directly after my diploma?
  6. Am I eligible to become a RTO after completion of Diploma in Automobile Engineering?
  7. How to take admission directly after completing last year diploma in electrical engineering?
  8. How can I join B.E directly in 3rd year? I am studying diploma final year
  9. How many years will it take after diploma to complete B.E course? Which subjects should be studied?
  10. Can I get lateral entry in any government polytechnic college in Chattisgarh after doing BSc in Biological science?
  11. How to take admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Electrical Diploma?
  12. How join 2nd year B.Tech in university after diploma?
  13. How to take admission in direct 3rd year degree after completing diploma 3rd year
  14. Qualifications required for Lateral Entry B.Tech examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which is a better choice for me among M.Tech, MBA and Job after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Does this true that girls would not preferred by many companies?
  16. Can I directly do Ph.d after completion of my dual degree in Civil Engineering in JNTUH?
  17. Procedure to apply for Internship in HCL for Diploma Computer Science Engineering 3rd year student?
  18. Which subject to choose for polytechnic course?
22nd January 2015, 07:46 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it true that we can do 3rd year directly in Engineering after completion of diploma course?

No, you cannot get admission in B.Tech third year directly after completion of three years Diploma course. You can direct get admission in second year of four years B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course. To get admission in B.Tech course, you need to appear in Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET) or ECET examination. By qualifying the examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
22nd January 2015, 05:23 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it true that we can do 3rd year directly in Engineering after completion of diploma course?

No, you cannot get admission directly in 3rd year.

After completing diploma you will become eligible for the lateral entry in 2nd year of B.Tech course.

In lateral entry you are not required to do first year of B.Tech and instead take admission directly in the second year.

Lateral entry is offered by almost all the colleges but not by Indian Institutes of Technology.

For getting admission in any B.Tech course, you will have to clear examination like LEET, JELET, JEEP, ECET, etc.

Therefore after the completion of your Diploma prepare for anyone of the above mentioned examination to get admission in B.Tech course.
22nd January 2015, 11:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Diploma holder who have completed a 3 years duration Diploma from a recognized University are eligible for 2nd year admission through LEET. What you are saying is not possible because Diploma is done after 10th and B.Tech after 10+2 PCM.

Therefore, there is no way you can get admission directly in 3rd year of the B.Tech course. You can only get admission directly in 2nd year of B.Tech and that also through Lateral entry entrance exam.

Hence, prepare for LEET if you want to get admission in B.Tech. Also, complete your Diploma in Engineering then only you can apply for the exam.
11th April 2015, 06:05 PM
kunalroy89

No that is not possible.
After completion of diploma you can get admission in Degree but in 2nd year i.e. 3rd semester. And that is also possible only after clearing the entrance tests conducted by the specific institutions or state govt technical council.
Admission to 3rd year is not possible at any cost
12th April 2015, 08:59 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

Hi Friend,
No it not true that you can get admission in third year directly after completing the Diploma Course of Three Years.You can get admission in Third Semester of IInd Year after completing the diploma course of three Year.But you have to pass around 8-10Subjects in a Single Semester.You also to pass the Entrance Exam that is Lateral Entry Entrance Exam.If you secured good marks in this Exam.then you can also get the Government Engineering College for further Study.So study and prepare yourself for this test.
BEST OF LUCK
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?