1st December 2016, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between ITI and diploma course?

What is difference between ITI and diploma course? I am 10 pass. So, can I do ITI or diploma? Can you please give me the right suggestion on this? It will be helpful if you can share your experience on both the courses to me soon. Thank you!

1st December 2016, 05:48 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between ITI and diploma course?

The acronym for the ITI is Industrial Training Institute.
The basic difference in between ITI and Diploma course is that ITI offers certificate courses while in the other hand Polytechnic offers Diploma courses. Both of the courses can be pursued after the completion of class 10th.
According to my opinion it will be better for a candidate to opt for a Diploma course rather than ITI course.
1st December 2016, 05:53 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is difference between ITI and diploma course? I am 10 pass. So, can I do ITI or diploma? Can you please give me the right suggestion on this? It will be helpful if you can share your experience on both the courses to me soon. Thank you!

The ITI course duration will be one year for some courses and two years for few courses. The diploma course duration is three years. There are various specializations available in engineering diploma. The candidates after completion of Diploma can apply for lateral entry engineering (BE or BTech), but it is not possible after completion of ITI course. The ITI completed candidates will be admitted to the diploma course through lateral entry (direct 2nd year). The diploma course is valued higher than an ITI course.
1st December 2016, 07:14 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

The difference between ITI and Diploma course is that both these courses can be pursued after completion of 10th standard but, the Diploma course has high value when compared to ITI course. The duration of ITI is 2 years and Diploma is 3 years. Candidates who have passed two years ITI course from a recognised institute are eligible to get direct admission in second year of three years Diploma course.
1st December 2016, 08:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

ITI is also a diploma course of short duration and if you are looking for diploma of long duration, then diploma in engineering or technology streams will be of 3 years duration. Hence, both are vocational courses, which will help you to gain some skills in a particular trade.

ITI is considered equivalent to class 12th in most cases. Diploma in engineering is of 3 years duration and is considered more than class 12th and can help you get admission in B.Tech 2nd year directly. Hence, if you have want a short term diploma course, then go for ITI, otherwise, you can go for diploma in engineering stream.
1st December 2016, 11:39 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

ITI is a technical degree whereas Diploma is not a technical degree. ITI provides skills to candidates which is required in mostly industries and manufacturing sectors, whereas Diploma is quite superior degree to ITI. After completion of Diploma degree, one gains good knowledge and skills over the subject and field he/she is studying about.
27th January 2018, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I have completed my degree. I need to get job in railways so they required ITI for some post whether I can do ITI???
6th September 2018, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

I have completely passed electronics mechanic two year course ncvt also passed medical instrument mechanic one year courses gcvt so compare with diploma course .please reply me.
5th November 2019, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Diploma certificate is awarded by state technical board but iti certificate is awarded by National council for vocational training. Check affiliation of ncvt before joining iti course
16th June 2020, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

What is the means of diploma courses, if you mean diploma by B-tech, that is degree course. According to you diploma is greater than iti. From where we can do diploma.
Or suggest me what have i to do for being a teacher of iti school in mmv trade.
13th July 2021, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

After class 12 which courses are east for graduate
17th January 2022, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Where is buhima technical institute found
24th January 2022, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Is the certificate given by electronics and mechanical engineering scool vadodara equal to diploma certificate issued by dote tamilnadu
6th July 2022, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Which type of jobs are available for the candidates who completed iti
20th September 2022, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

Can i do polytechnic course is distance mode it is possible or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?