30th March 2017, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Is it true that the education loan interest will be paid by Indian Government if doing masters in foreign country?

Last budget in Gujarat our chief minister said anybody taken education loan for further study in foreign country so the interest will be pay by government. Is it true? Can you send me the official information on the same? I just heard about it but unable to validate the same.

Related Questions:
  1. What are the effects of demonetization on interest rate of education loan of all government banks?
  2. How can I get the interest amount paid upon Education Loan back under CSIS Scheme of Central Government?
  3. Whether the interest rates are counted from the next day of loan issued?
  4. Can I apply for Education Loan again from SBI for study M.Tech if haven't paid the amount which was taken for B.Tech?
  5. Interest rates charges against Education Loan to study in foreign countries?
  6. Can I get Education Loan to study M.Tech if haven't paid the previous one?
  7. What will be the interest rate for the left amount of an education loan if paid half of amount with pre payment charge?
  8. How can I apply to get Education Loan from Indian Bank to study B.Tech? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  9. How much interest I have to pay on Education Loan to study MBA in Abroad? Detailed information about mode of repayment?
  10. Can I get an education loan without interest if my father is in Indian Army? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Is it true that Canara bank is providing full interest subsidy education loan?
  12. Interest rates charge against Education Loan in Indian Bank to study in B.Pharmacy?
  13. Interest rates charges against Rs. 4 Lacs in Bank Education Loan? How much time will it take to repay loan amount?
  14. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount still unpaid?
  15. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount is still unpaid?
  16. How can I apply for Student Loan for my son's education in Australia while working there?
  17. Education loan interest are required to be paid immediately after sanction?
  18. Applicable bank interest rates on education loan to study in Abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
31st March 2017, 08:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it true that the education loan interest will be paid by Indian Government if doing masters in foreign country?

Interest subsidy is mainly available for candidates who belong to poor families having very less income. There is no subsidy based on the place from where you are doing the course.

Just make sure you are doing the course from a recognized college and if you belong to a poor family, then provide the income certificate to the bank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?